Introduction

Open Discussion Forum

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

ksboy29

Introduction

Post by ksboy29 »

I found this site yesterday and I thought I wanted and needed to be part of this website. Well my name is Casey Brown I currently am in the USMC for another 13 months until I retire. My family lives in North Dakota while I finish my time here in the service. I am a total Newbie when it comes to coyote hunting, hell predator hunting in a whole. I am an avid hunter but I would have to say my passion is waterfowl. Until I kill my first coyote that is. I hope to learn allot from you guys and even though I dont bring much in regards to predator hunting but I do know allot about shooting and gunsmithing. If I can be a help to anyone in that regards let me know because I know I will bombard you with other questions. Seriously its awesome to be part of this web site and hope to meet most of you.
Casey
Dcoy
Top Dog

Re: Introduction

Post by Dcoy »

Welcome Casey!I'm sure you'll enjoy the site.
As to waterfowl,thats a passion of mine as well.Suspect a lot of the people here are into it.Good hunting and thanks for your service.
Semper Fi! :D
Patterson

Post by Patterson »

Welcome KS,

I am new to this site as well. Not new to coyotes though. I will warn you though, I was addicted to waterfowl pretty bad before I got into calling coyotes and now I find myself not even hunting honkers and ducks. Only hunt snows for the most part now. Its good to stop killing yotes around Feb. as mating season is starting. Its personal prefference but it sure coincides nicely with spring snows. :D

Are you in KS now? What part?
ksboy29

Post by ksboy29 »

No I am currently in North Carolina.
Tbush
coyotehunter

Post by Tbush »

I too am a waterfowler used to shoot a couple hundred ducks in a year, except the last 2 years my mind wonders to coyotes even took the rifle in the boat in case the coyotes sang in the morning but maybe next time the ducks flew to well :D Anyhow welcome Ksboy29
a proud member of the "IF" team
Dan
coyotehunter

Post by Dan »

Im also new to this site but not new to coyote hunting Ive been killing coyotes sence 1962 Im also a avid buck hunter shot my first buck in 1965 and my 103rd buck last season. Every year at the end of buck season I just cant sit at home so after the coyotes I go it also helps the deer population keeping the coyotes thinned down.Here in Ca we never realy let up on the coyotes if you do they just take over. I would like to welcome you to the sport of coyote hunting and THANK YOU for all you have done for this great country of ours . God Bless the armed forces.
The Outdoorsman
coyotehunter

Post by The Outdoorsman »

Welcome both of you to the site. Great bunch of guys here.
Jake
coyotehunter

Post by Jake »

Welcome to the site. Lot of good info. here, and alot of the people on the site has been hunting Coyotes for yrs.
Enjoy the site.
tcsniper

Post by tcsniper »

Welcome. What part of ND are you from? My son lived in ND for quite a while while working for USFW. He lived near Jamestown. We go back every year to beat up on the ducks and geese. Enjoy the site and stay safe. I thank you for your service.