god-awefull amount of coyotes out there

Open Discussion Forum

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

bucksnbears
coyotehunter

god-awefull amount of coyotes out there

Post by bucksnbears »

this past week was an eye-opener as far as the # of yotes around. first off, i left from moorhead to minot last fri. morning for a week of helping work on brothers house. i traveled main blacktops all the way there and seen 17 coyotes shot 2. saturday we hunted all day in western nd. seen 49, shot none. super calm winds and crunchy snow. tried calling but had some respond just would'nt come close enough. worked sun-fri. went hunting all day this past sat. s.w of minot seen 39, shot 2. same thing super calm winds very crunchy snow. tried sneaking on a few got busted at 5-600 yards.. called in some but poor shooting was the problem. left for home 7am sun. took hiway 2 from minot to grandforks, seen 17 got 2 hit 2 that got away. if my math is right, thats 122 coyotes. seems as though the major hiways are better than the remote areas. also, it was a given that if there was a herd of deer, there were yotes close by. we watched 1 chase deer. not a problem for them this year. seen several deer out in fields torn to shreads. maybe why they wernt responding to the calls real well. had full bellies. also they were always around cattle operations. 12 were in one section were a big farm was. we were hunting mainly hilly country and seen this many, wonder how many we didnt see that were hidden from veiw.
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Re: god-awefull amount of coyotes out there

Post by Prairie Ghost »

All the snow making visibilty good helps out too. That is a lot of coyotes!
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

headin back for 1 more 3 day trip to see if i can damage the population. hope the wind is blowing about 20mph so i can sneak on some. fur prices ai'nt good but ow-well, fingers still got a bit of an itch
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

bucksnbears wrote: fingers still got a bit of an itch
I hope that it gets scratched very well :wink:
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

Got it scratched pretty good,seen 57 on sat :shock: :shock: :shock: got 4. 43 on sun. :shock: :shock: got 3. very calm out. was tough to sneak on them with snowshoes on, very loud. wish i'd bought a wood pair instead of the alum-vinyl ones. calling was tough, only had 3 respond. most would come from 1/2 -1 mile away only to hang up way out there.the coyotes are having no trouble feeding.all were fat n sassy. seen a couple of snowmobiles running down yotes but they dissapeared in the hills and don't know where they went :evil: :evil: had a rancher tell me he knows of a group of 5 guys with sleds ran down and killed 60 in 1 day :evil: :evil: . last trip of the year :( . but it has been fun. should be a shit pile of them next year
Attachments
huge male.JPG
huge male.JPG (152.55 KiB) Viewed 4702 times
small female.JPG
small female.JPG (126.09 KiB) Viewed 4703 times
gorgeous female.JPG
gorgeous female.JPG (132.06 KiB) Viewed 4700 times
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

Awesome Dogs!!!! Way to go :D
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
Tbush
coyotehunter