Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

there might have been a little giggle that escaped my lips. :P
Coyotes Forever
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

Gotta like it when that happens
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!
Dcoy
Top Dog

Post by Dcoy »

Well guess this thread on NoDak is as good as any for this.Wanted to unload 4-5 coyotes and couldn't justify a trip to Mn(Melbys)for that number so decided to go to Beadles in Aberdeen.Heck,as long as driving there,might as well add another hour or two and try my newly found NoDak spot I figured.Launched on my first set at daybreak(calm and minus 15)under perfect conditions.Five minutes in here come two.At about 200 they hang up so I bang/flop the first and then get one parting shot at the second but miss.(note,I learned and didn't get greedy. :lol: )
Move to my second spot and from the road I see about 200 head of cattle about a mile in near the ravines I want to call.Once again I'm counting coup before I get anything cause I knew they'd be there now.45 minutes later I'm downwind of the cattle and really excited by all the sign leading into 2 ravines.Just gonna turn on the call and I hear something.Here comes a 4 wheeler.Pulls right into the nearest ravine and then silence.What the ...???Soon I hear more noise and out he comes with a big green JD with loader and one bale already on.With all those cattle,I knew he'd be there awhile so pulled out without calling at all.So much for dreams.Made 3 more unsuccessful sets and then screamed back,unloaded the fur and then home.Thats it for me in NoDak this year and while I'll likely try a few spots here at home tomorrow that will be it for me.Time for snow geese.
Enjoyed this site a lot and look forward to next Fall.
Good hunting all!
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

I laugh every time I read "Bang, Flop".
Coyotes Forever
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

Great Job i hope that area pays off for you for years to come.

Remember that coyote hunting never does really stop stay on locating this summer for denning areas that will hold a litter of pups come fall.
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

Good advice. find those pups in the summer and they will be waiting for you in the fall.
Coyotes Forever