Plans for wooden coyote silhouette

Open Discussion Forum

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

Fallguy
coyotehunter

Post by Fallguy »

Thanks coyotehunter I will break out the saws this weekend and get busy.
"Lure The Fur" Calling Team
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

I had at one time I had a pic loaded up on a AutoCad of a coyote with similiar deminsion. Plotted out a few life size targets and did exactly what you are suggesting. works great. I glued mine to card board and had them attached to pegs in the front of my gongs. The only problem was that the splatter tore my targets up but at any distance I had a coyote to look at with a report from the gong if I made a hit.
Coyotes Forever
Fallguy
coyotehunter

Post by Fallguy »

Well I ordered that birchwood casey target this morning, and I have those dimensions to go by. I am going to use the target as a template and make my own to the dimensions that coyotehunter sent. I will post some pics when I am all done. I think then I will go out next weekend and do some shooting at them. I will probably just staple a paper grocery sack on the vitals area and shoot, then I can take it off and compare my hits, and keep reusing the target in that same way. Make it look like Swiss Cheese after a few years. :lol:
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

all great advice.

I have a Renzon's decoy that is a actual picture of a coyote on that corugated plastic cardboard stuff but in my opinion it is a little small. But that is what i used for a template when patterning my shotgun.
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!
Fallguy
coyotehunter

Post by Fallguy »

I remember that patterning session and I was always wondering whether you traced a dead coyote or what you did.
cajohn

Template plans

Post by cajohn »

Attached is a website that contains 13 drawings of a coyote outline. When all 13 pages are taped together, it produces a full-sized outline of an adult coyote. I cut out the outline and then transferred it to a large piece of cardboard. After placed onto the cardboard, I cut out that outline. This is what I trace using a large Sharpie pen onto my target paper for patterning my shotguns. Also, a picture of just what my target looks like, mounted onto a 3'x4' piece of plywood. I hope this is of some help.

http://coyotecanada.ca/coyote_template.pdf

John
John in CenCA
coyotehunter

Post by 5.56 »

John;

Thanks for the template link. Welcome aboard!
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

Very cool.
Coyotes Forever