trapping coyotes

Share your coyote hunting tips, techniques, and thoughts about coyote hunting.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

deersniperat400

trapping coyotes

Post by deersniperat400 »

Need some help i am trying to figure out how to trap the coyotes on and around my property. I have five acres two in forest and two in pasture. I hear coyotes at night and i want to trap them any ideas? What bait should i use ?

thanks
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Re: trapping coyotes

Post by bucksnbears »

deersniper,you will get some answers to your question soon. i think most of the trappers are away hunting a tourney. good luck
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
EO caller

Post by EO caller »

You should go with a guy that already runs a trap line and learn first hand. Its the sort of thing that cant be explained in text.. You could google it or look on you tube but unless you really see it done right there can be alot lost in translation. Don't take advice from anyone who hasn't caught several coyotes. Its like a person teaching you how to fight thats never been in a fight them selves. :oops:
"CHASIN A DREAM-LIVIN A NIGHTMARE"
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

EO caller wrote:You should go with a guy that already runs a trap line and learn first hand. Its the sort of thing that cant be explained in text.. You could google it or look on you tube but unless you really see it done right there can be alot lost in translation. Don't take advice from anyone who hasn't caught several coyotes. Its like a person teaching you how to fight thats never been in a fight them selves. :oops:
Good Answer, Watch lots of video, and just get out and do it, lots of trial and error at first
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
'Whack em' and Stack em' ND Style"
"Speak the Language"