Camouflaging your Barrel??

Open Discussion Forum

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

Daryl
coyotehunter

Post by Daryl »

I hear ya fallguy just thought I would throw that out there :wink: . Oh and I know about haveing a kid at home I am a single dad and have custody of my daughter. Try working out all the coyote hunting when you have to find babysitters and stuff. NOT FUN :( . I am not from Bismarck either so I don't have any family here. Oh and you shouldn't worry about banging them up all guns are tools used for killing :shock: . Some old restored muscle car you take to car shows is something you should worry about scratching not a rifle :D
I would rather have a slow hit than a fast miss...
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

you will like any gun end up with. Just remember to practice,practice,practice!!!! Get a good feel for the gun
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
'Whack em' and Stack em' ND Style"
"Speak the Language"
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

Question for you guys that uae a wrap to camo your gun

Can you wrap the barrel to the forearm of your rifle and not jeopardize your accuracy?? I have heard that it doesn't matter and I have also heard that your shot grouping will not be as tight.

Any comments??
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
"Speak the Language"
Kurt
coyotehunter

Post by Kurt »

No I would say you shouldn't wrap the barrel to the forearm.If you wrap it tight and cause any unwanted contact between the barrel and the stock you are going to have problems.
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

DON'T wrap the barrel to the forearm
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

Thats what I thought! I noticed alot of pics on a different website were alot of people were wrapping there barrel to the forearm.

Good to know, save me alot of trouble !
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
"Speak the Language"
Fallguy
coyotehunter

Post by Fallguy »

The rifles that I have dont' have free floated barrels. I wrapped my Ruger 243 the past two seasons and haven't noticed a change in my accuracy when wrapping and unwrapping. If there is a change in my particular gun it is so small I cannot tell. Would that make a difference since my barrel isn't free floated?