New to Site

Share your coyote hunting tips, techniques, and thoughts about coyote hunting.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

poodleshooter

New to Site

Post by poodleshooter »

Just wanted to say hi to all. I've been trying to register since the beginning of December but had some issues. I wanna say thanks to Jamie for getting it all lined out for me. I've really enjoyed the site and reading all the posts since then and cant believe i didnt find this site sooner. I've basically have shot coyotes since i started hunting back in my teen years but in the last 3-4 yrs have become a lot more "serious," (i use that term loosely :D ), or have attempted, in my pursuit of predators. My current rig is a DPMS panther bull 20. It has a 20 in ss heavy fluted barrel and is topped off with a burris fullfield II 4.5x14x42 w/ ballistic-plex reticle. It shoots 55 gr v-max quite well out to 400 yds as long as i do my part. o yeah, i also installed a jp adjustable trigger in it a year or so ago cause the factory one was atrocious. I live in williston, nd in which i am an enginner in the oil patch. Well i better quit rambling, i'm really excited to be a member of this site and sharing and learning from you all!
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Re: New to Site

Post by bucksnbears »

welcome :D there are members here from your area. can you carry your rifle on the job??? you have some great hunting out there.
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

poodleshooter did you hunt in the luke oyloe memorial hunt this past fall? Its nice to try and put a face to a username on the site. If you didn't hunt it, you missed out on a great time and another fun tournament put on by coyotehunter.net :D Welcome to the site!!
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
22-250AI
coyotehunter

Post by 22-250AI »

Post pics of the poodles !!

I think it's OK to carrry a rifle in the oil field as long as you attach a ground strap before you shoot it !! JOKE

Hey Poodleshooter you work any leases close to Watford City ? In particular north east and north west.

Welcome
Krylon is my camo
poodleshooter

Post by poodleshooter »

Unfortunately, i cant carry a gun with me on the job but i sure wish i could. No, i didnt hunt in the memorial hunt either, but it sounded like it went well as i read about and what a great way to pay tribute to a fellow hunter. I have hunted in the minot area quite a bit though, i just moved to williston from there, since i no longer live there, and this is probably no secret, but, the velva mines area is loaded with dogs. Right now i dont have any good digital copies of pics to post but hopefully soon that will change :D . And i work all over from up to the canadian border to stanley to down by killdeer and i've been down near baker, mt. Basically all over the northwestern part of the state. All the traveling i get to do is awesome cause i'm always scouting for new land when i'm out and writing down new places i find.
The Outdoorsman
coyotehunter

Post by The Outdoorsman »

Welcome to the site. Cant wait to see the pics of the poodles.
Tbush
coyotehunter

Post by Tbush »

Welcome.glad to have you with us
a proud member of the "IF" team
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

yep, i hunted allot around velva the last few year and there is no shortage of coyote there. getting to be way to much posted land though. i know its for deer and pheasant but still kinda takes the fun out of it.
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."