Still comeing in to the rabbit

Share your coyote hunting tips, techniques, and thoughts about coyote hunting.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

Tim Anderson
coyotehunter

Still comeing in to the rabbit

Post by Tim Anderson »

I made another trip out to gods country for some more calling. I had to deal with alot of snow but still had some real good days for calling and the coyotes still are comeing in to the rabbit screams...The WT worked very well and so did the 17 Pred. which happen to connect on a 400 yard coyote. :mrgreen: Anyway here are a few clips of my hunt.. enjoy..

Dcoy
Top Dog

Re: Still comeing in to the rabbit

Post by Dcoy »

Very cool,thanks.
Gotta love the 17!
rorycoyote
coyotehunter

Post by rorycoyote »

thanks for the videos. good job
Tim Anderson
coyotehunter

Post by Tim Anderson »

Here is another one which is my favorite..

yipyipyow
coyotehunter

Post by yipyipyow »

awesome post! love the blood!
TIKKA
coyotehunter

Post by TIKKA »

Good job. Must be tough to tape it and still give the smackdown. Nice work. :D
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

Really Cool TA!!
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
'Whack em' and Stack em' ND Style"
"Speak the Language"
Tim Anderson
coyotehunter

Post by Tim Anderson »

Thanks guys.

[quote Must be tough to tape it and still give the smackdown.][/quote]

Yes things don't always work out when trying to get them on the Cam. Sometimes i miss a few due to the cam so i will leave it in the truck for a few stands or the temp. gets to cold or there is too much moveing around trying to stay on a coyote and i end up deleteing the clip and just film the after hunt results.. I like to do it mostly for myself and for my son when i get home from a hunt he enjoys them as much as me and its nice to share some of my hunts with others that like to see this sort of stuff..
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

Coold Videos TA!!! I was asking myself why in the hell did he shoot at a moving coyote? Then you explained it at the end :wink:
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
tdkahn
coyotehunter

Post by tdkahn »

Great Job! Really cool that you're doing the videos for your son. I know some of the outdoor stores sell a mount that puts the camera on your gun. Don't know how much the extra weight would affect the video or shooting. I tried to get some of my archery hunts on film with a mout that hooks to a tree and gave up, too much of a hassle. They make a mount for a bow too, just think that'd be too much weight hanging out there. Just thinking it might make it easier on you to get both shots.
Keep up the good work.
Tim Anderson
coyotehunter

Post by Tim Anderson »

[quote I was asking myself why in the hell did he shoot at a moving coyote? Then you explained it at the end][/quote]

LOL.. Actually i find myself shooting at alot of moveing coyotes, its something i feel comfortable doing...
Kurt
coyotehunter

Post by Kurt »

Tim what is the 17 pred based off of. How has fur damage been with it.
Tim Anderson
coyotehunter

Post by Tim Anderson »

The parent case is a 223 blown out and necked down. I will get a pass through once in awhile leaveing a quarter size exit..

I finished skinning some of the coyotes in the vid.'s tonight and the one that left the big blood trail had a hole about the size of a 50 cent piece going in and a hole the size of my fist under the skin and going back into the body about 12". I could'nt find the heart...
tdkahn
coyotehunter

Post by tdkahn »

I know what necked down is, but what is "blown out"? So what you're saying on the heartless one is it was dead on impact and ran cause it just didn't know it. Gotta love that. First deer I shot with a bow looked up at the stand like "what was that?" and started to walk off. I see my arrow stuck in ground at 14yds and I'm thinking there's no way I missed, then at 17yds back end of doe got wobbly and she fell over. The next day I was telling some guys at work and that's when I heard the expression "she was dead, but just didn't know it". I really like getting game that way, with little to no tracking.
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

tdkahn wrote:I know what necked down is, but what is "blown out"? So what you're saying on the heartless one is it was dead on impact and ran cause it just didn't know it. Gotta love that. First deer I shot with a bow looked up at the stand like "what was that?" and started to walk off. I see my arrow stuck in ground at 14yds and I'm thinking there's no way I missed, then at 17yds back end of doe got wobbly and she fell over. The next day I was telling some guys at work and that's when I heard the expression "she was dead, but just didn't know it". I really like getting game that way, with little to no tracking.
yeah, seen lots of deer arrowed without even knowing it :)
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."