Still comeing in to the rabbit

Share your coyote hunting tips, techniques, and thoughts about coyote hunting.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

Tim Anderson
coyotehunter

Re: Still comeing in to the rabbit

Post by Tim Anderson »

I know what necked down is, but what is "blown out"?
The body of the parent case is blwon out, it dose'nt have as much taper to it compared to parent case.

The 223 is on the left, second case is necked down and turned with false shoulder, case on right is 17 pred.
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

Thanks for posting the videos
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!
tdkahn
coyotehunter

Post by tdkahn »

That's slick. Thanks for the picture.
does that use these bullets? http://www.midsouthshooterssupply.com/d ... 0%44%49%41

What dies do you need? Didn't see 17pred. did see a 17ackley and mach 4. How does it do in wind and what kind of range? If you don't mine telling, what kind of cash does it take to have one made?
sorry about all the questions, just looks like a nice little round. It wasn't very loud on the video compared to my 22-250 anyway.
thanks and again sorry for
Tim Anderson
coyotehunter

Post by Tim Anderson »

What dies do you need? Didn't see 17pred. did see a 17ackley and mach 4. How does it do in wind and what kind of range? If you don't mine telling, what kind of cash does it take to have one made?
sorry about all the questions, just looks like a nice little round. It wasn't very loud on the video compared to my 22-250 anyway.
thanks and again sorry for
I use the Woodchuck den 30 gr. Golds in the Pred. and use the 30 gr. Berger B.T. in my 17 rem.s..
The Pred dies canbe bought from almost any die maker. I use the redding bushing dies and F-l sizeing die and bullet seater from them..
The 30 gr, Gold out of the Pred. at 3900 drifts about 1" more than my 22-250 ackley useing a 52 gr. A-max at 3900-4000 fps. I could get more vel in the Pred with a longer barrel about 4000 or so but my smith made a honest mistake and chopped off 2"... For most shooters range would be around 300 yds but i have taken coyotes at 400-500-528 and 550 yds with it.. Anything past 400 yds is pushing it and you better know what the gun and shooter are capable of and make sure you have plenty of open space when attempting such shots...
If you already have a donor rifle and stock you could have just the rifle built for around 1000.00 and then figure in a neck turning tool and a few other tools..
Most 17 cal.s are not very loud compared to a 22-250 or 243 and so on.. The 17 Pred. takes some work and knowledge of how to make the brass and i would recomend the 17-204 over it for this very reason...

When shooting coyotes with the 17 pred you shoot the coyote in the same spot or kill zone as you would with any other cal. if the coyote is head on make a chest or head shot and broadside any where from the spine down and from the neck back to the last rib..Some seem to think that with a 17 cal. the shots have to be more perfect compared to other cal.s it don't.. As with any cal. you just have to be calm and just let it happen...
tdkahn
coyotehunter

Post by tdkahn »

Thanks for all the info. Really appreciate it.
Thanks again.
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

good post
Coyotes Forever