Hunting in MN?

Share your coyote hunting tips, techniques, and thoughts about coyote hunting.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Re: Hunting in MN?

Post by bucksnbears »

nice pics mnbuck. well this weekend confirmed what i've known all along. minn. sucks!!!!!!!!. had more coyotes on one stand (11) in n.d. than i've called in all year in minn. i think night calling would be better but not my thing anymore.
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
204sniper
coyotehunter

Post by 204sniper »

I had planned on going out under the full moon Saturday night and try to call one in, but then I found out that a group had run the adjacent properties with dogs Saturday afternoon. :x Even though they ran the propertiees adjacent to the one I hunt doesn't mean the one I hunt was safe, because dogs don't care about property boundaries, and neither do alot of the guys in this group. :evil:
- Jeffrey Emerson

Close only counts in horseshoes and handgrenades....

Only YOU can prevent wildfires, which is good, because I've got things to do.

"That'll learn ya."
jaybic
coyotehunter

Post by jaybic »

You got that right!

Jaybic
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

204sniper wrote:I had planned on going out under the full moon Saturday night and try to call one in, but then I found out that a group had run the adjacent properties with dogs Saturday afternoon. :x Even though they ran the propertiees adjacent to the one I hunt doesn't mean the one I hunt was safe, because dogs don't care about property boundaries, and neither do alot of the guys in this group. :evil:

Still go out and call. I have the exact same problem you do with dogs chasing coyotes, but there is something about the night time that they will respond. Not 5 in a night, but if you pick up one here and one there, they all add up in the end. I watched a coyote out of my house window come out of the woods as the houndsmen were just starting to walk in, and walk over to where they started and lay down in the grass. They never saw that coyote, and the hounds never sounded off. I had to get going, right before they left, but when i got back you can see that there was nothing that chased the yote :D
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

If you can find a spot on the map tat is bigger than a mile square that helps as well
Coyotes Forever