Looking for snow camo

Open Discussion Forum

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

Rhoades

Looking for snow camo

Post by Rhoades »

Like it says above I am shopping from some snow camo. I liked the Kings stuff but it shows the jackets as out of stock. Any other places I should look? Getting it in a store would be ideal ao I can try it on.

Id like a coat and cover up pants. I have $160 to spend.
ducksmuggler
coyotehunter

Re: Looking for snow camo

Post by ducksmuggler »

I like Nat. gear camo. give them a try..
I don't know where you hunt but around here this time of year some times, if you work it right you don't need snow camo. You can sit up against a tree or something like that and use you "other" camo to hide your upper body, and have just your white on your legs.

just a thought...
If its good enough; Better is achievable
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

Did you check Kings official website, also I know if you are near a scheels, they also carry kings camo. I personally love the stuff, and will never own anything else!
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
'Whack em' and Stack em' ND Style"
"Speak the Language"
barebackjack
coyotehunter

Post by barebackjack »

You can get a XXL set of painters coveralls at most hardware stores for around $25-$30. Or go to wal mart and get a set of XXL white sweats. Wear em over your carhartts or whatever, and word to your mother you got snow camo.

Most places in ND "patterns" aren't needed, and in a lot, a "pattern" will actually hurt you. Its WHITE out there.
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

barebackjack wrote:You can get a XXL set of painters coveralls at most hardware stores for around $25-$30. Or go to wal mart and get a set of XXL white sweats. Wear em over your carhartts or whatever, and word to your mother you got snow camo.

Most places in ND "patterns" aren't needed, and in a lot, a "pattern" will actually hurt you. Its WHITE out there.
the bad thing about sweats are they get wet (snow clinging). get a couple cans of silicone spray and water-proof them. excpesially the seat and knee's
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
Fallguy
coyotehunter

Post by Fallguy »

I always wore the snow camo until last year when xdeano convinced me to wear pure whites. I think you have a better chance of blending in in the winter environment with all white than broken up white. Either you are laying in the pure white open or you might be by some broken up snow areas but there is always a human size patch of white you can blend in like! My boots, gun, binocs, and gloves and eyeholes in my facemask are enough breakup for me.

I wear some Cabela's shells in pure white. They are polyester and stay flexible when you freeze/thaw going in and out of the truck between stand and also stay quiet when the fabric rubs together. My pants are somewhat waterproof and have full zip legs so I can remove them and put them on without taking off my boots for the long drive home or going into a restuarant, etc.
"Lure The Fur" Calling Team
barebackjack
coyotehunter

Post by barebackjack »

bucksnbears wrote:
barebackjack wrote:You can get a XXL set of painters coveralls at most hardware stores for around $25-$30. Or go to wal mart and get a set of XXL white sweats. Wear em over your carhartts or whatever, and word to your mother you got snow camo.

the bad thing about sweats are they get wet (snow clinging). get a couple cans of silicone spray and water-proof them. excpesially the seat and knee's

Yup. Thats the worst thing about them. But you cant argue with a $20 whitesuit.

I wore em for many years, finally upgraded this year. Figured for the amount of time I spend in a whitesuit it was time to drop some money on something nice. Glad I did.
barebackjack
coyotehunter

Post by barebackjack »

Fallguy wrote:I always wore the snow camo until last year when xdeano convinced me to wear pure whites. I think you have a better chance of blending in in the winter environment with all white than broken up white. Either you are laying in the pure white open or you might be by some broken up snow areas but there is always a human size patch of white you can blend in like! My boots, gun, binocs, and gloves and eyeholes in my facemask are enough breakup for me.

I wear some Cabela's shells in pure white. They are polyester and stay flexible when you freeze/thaw going in and out of the truck between stand and also stay quiet when the fabric rubs together. My pants are somewhat waterproof and have full zip legs so I can remove them and put them on without taking off my boots for the long drive home or going into a restuarant, etc.
Ive said that for years. Nothing wrong with a pattern, IF theres something breaking up the snow as well. And even than, solid white is still going to work. Lay out in the middle of a stubble field this year with a pattern and see how well it "blends"? It will still work, but you can get away with any movement (not like you could with pure white) without a coyote picking you off. Solid white is the "all-purpose" snow camo.

I got the cabelas insulated bibs and parka this year in pure white. Waterproof, quiet, AWESOME! Best thing ive purchased in a long time.