empty bladders and colons

Open Discussion Forum

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

bucksnbears
coyotehunter

empty bladders and colons

Post by bucksnbears »

just wondering why those 2 terms are mentioned (mostly for hunting tournaments). it seems to be broughtup when there is mention of coyotes getting chased down.
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
Jerry Hunsley
coyotehunter

Re: empty bladders and colons

Post by Jerry Hunsley »

Bucks, you would shit and piss your pants if someone was chasing you and shooting. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Optimax90
coyotehunter

Post by Optimax90 »

Jerry Hunsley wrote:Bucks, you would shit and piss your pants if someone was chasing you and shooting. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I have never met bucks in person but from his pics that he post, I aint chasing him!!!!!!! Might shoot at him from a long distance, but I'm not running after him :P
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

Thats simply what it is bucks. When a coyote gets chased, they have a tendency to piss everything they have out. Kind of the old saying where "you scared the piss out of him" or "scared the shit out of him", only this is done literally.
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

yesterday i seen 3 coyotes traveling together. 2 males dogging a female. i shot the biggest male at 150 yards and dumped him in his tracks. the female turned to run and i emptied my gun and head shot her on my last shot at about 300 on the run :mrgreen: when i looked back, the male was up and running away but only went about 200 yards and piled up. my shot was right in front of the hip and angled forwards with no next. when i went out to get him, i got to where i hit him the first round and followed his trail to him. he let out little pieces of shit every so often and pissed allot as he ran.stinky bastard too :shock: . had them in the trunk of my car and damnear gagged me out
DSC09674.JPG
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
mitchkvernum
coyotehunter

Post by mitchkvernum »

Good work man. good work.
223sav
coyotehunter

Post by 223sav »

Bucks-
If I'm following this post, you shot a dog that hadn't been run or chased( but maybe running as they dogged the female), and he still shit and pissed himself. So the idea of checking to see if dogs have been run by looking at their bladders and colons might not be 100% accurate?
I shot a red fox two weeks ago that was laying outside its hole, missed the first shot, she stood up and I dumped her, left her lay for 15-20 minutes, when I walked out to her, she had shit herself. No chase involved.
Now I'm not saying that chasing doesn't have something to do with it, Jerry's comment makes sense, but I also know from experience, coyote gets called and shot, throw it in the truck, next thing you know, shit laying in the back of the truck.
Also, it would make sense that when an animal dies, they lose bodily function control, and shit happens. I'm pretty sure I have heard this being the case in humans, don't know why it would be any different.
Just my two cents!
Nice dogs by the way, that male looks like a horse!!!!
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

nothing is 100%, its just a piece of the puzzle
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
'Whack em' and Stack em' ND Style"
"Speak the Language"
223sav
coyotehunter

Post by 223sav »

Most definitely, "nothing is 100%" in most cases, but then all inclusive statements such as "That's simply what it is bucks. When a coyote gets chased, they have a tendency to piss everything out" should be clarified. The truth is, the majority of coyotes that I have seen killed have shit themselves, and they were not chased. The fact is when a coyote dies, by whatever means, bodily functions quit working and things are released.
Not to stir anything up, I guess I just don't by the being chased theory, but maybe I'm wrong.
Maybe the ADC guys can shed some light?
Tim Anderson
coyotehunter

Post by Tim Anderson »

We run coyotes here at home and i also call them. Some of the runners do let it go and some don't and same canbe said for called in coyotes...I've proably seen more wounded ones do it more often than the other two...
223sav
coyotehunter

Post by 223sav »

Well put Tim, I guess that's what I was trying to say. I don't think you can categorize how a dog is killed by checking it's contents, it goes both ways no matter how they were killed, which was my point originally.
jaybic
coyotehunter

Post by jaybic »

LIke he said tho, its just a piece of the puzzle. There are other clues that paint a bigger picture.

I have walked up to quite a few coyotes that I have called and shot(one shot and dead RIGHT at that second) and there is a turd laying right behind them and a little piss spot where the body just "turned off" but my guess is that if you were to open him up you would find both the bladder and colon still having some contents.

There is one clip in a Randy Anderson video and they show in slo-mo the coyote running away and piss flying everywhere. He even says something about it, so it is an inconclusive way to judge for sure, but when a guy brings in 5 or 6 or more coyotes and EVERY ONE of them is empty, its time to look a little closer...broken bones..Polaris imprints on their ass...you get the idea...just part of the puzzle. I still think that the guys that know what to look for(I am not one of these people) will still be able to pick out a coyote run over with a sled from one that has not.

Jaybic
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

223sav wrote:Well put Tim, I guess that's what I was trying to say. I don't think you can categorize how a dog is killed by checking it's contents, it goes both ways no matter how they were killed, which was my point originally.
Relax!! when you run your own tournaments you can do what ever you want to determine how the coyotes were killed, its just how we do it, its a very small piece of the puzzle we realize that.
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
'Whack em' and Stack em' ND Style"
"Speak the Language"
223sav
coyotehunter

Post by 223sav »

LeviM-
Didn't mean to get you excited, cause I'm not, I wasn't discrediting checking contents as a "piece" of the puzzle, just saying it's not an end all as lyonch's statement could be interpreted. I understand completely where you are coming from, I was just giving another point of view, and agree it is a piece of the puzzle.
My intent wasn't to ruffle feathers, and I wasn't challenging how you run your tournaments, so I'm not sure where that came from.
Anyway, Good Hunting!!!
RandyRoede
coyotehunter

Post by RandyRoede »

I think this topic may reveal how rules etc. can scare some people from even entering tournaments because even thou they attend or read rules or rule meetings they truly get confused.

An empty or full colon or bladder in it's self does not determine cheating, maybe that aspect of the rules should just be left out of any topic and just used by those determing the outcome of the contest. I am sure some get antimidated when they read a rule sheet and back off for fear of doing something wrong and being accused of cheating. Especially new callers. Intent and common sense along with human nature have to be considered.

A person could write up a 1000 rules but only 10 may come into play to determine things and the other 990 may get unintentionally broke. It's like trapping and hunting the more regulations laws etc you make the more hunters and trappers you loose. When we changed from lead to steel look at the waterfowler hunters we lost.

Simple rules and consistant enforcemant of those rules and keep the $$$ down. The more $$$ involved the easier it seems to bring the bad out in people.IMO

When you skin a coyote, or even just look at someones coyotes, you can see a story when you know what to look for. If there were any questions or suspicions holding the money til they are skinned and the personal interviews give should do it.

Brad, Jamie, Chris or Levi, this is not a knock or complaint just my opinions. Not necessarily directed at coyotehunter.net tournaments but all tournaments in general. The event is what is the most important part, the gathering, seeing people you have not seen since the event last year. The group that is always there, I think for most, the accomplishment of for that one day we did the best means a lot more than the $$. When it becomes a money deal it usually gets tainted by a lot of things. More random deals like the fishin tournament deals for being there, participating, the guys who have a bad day or new guys still with a shot of a share of the money.

A $$$ amount for anyone who kills a 20# coyote exactly or any other determined # amount
All teams that don't kill any in a drawing for a certain amount of $$$
The rock paper scissors was great for a rifle and the random drawing for those.
A keg of beer for the participants afterwards. Schmidt of course!!!!

Anything to make those who support these tournaments but rarely do well enough to place in the money willing to keep supporting it. Costs are going up to go to these deals and with things the way they are interest may fall.

By the way SD is turning into the land of 10,000 lakes, it either has to freeze up or heat up before I can get anywhere. Sump pump started running today!! Must be spring.
Randy Roede