Some news from S Texas

Share your coyote hunting tips, techniques, and thoughts about coyote hunting.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

ponydog

Some news from S Texas

Post by ponydog »

I have been fortunate to have been included on trips to South Texas witn one of my best friends, to hunt their S texas ranch .
Never in my life have I seen so many critters, supported by so little . The mesquite scrub, the catclaw, the blackbrush, pricly pear cactus, yucca,
well yuo have all see the shows on TX...it is that way ....this past December was my 9th year to go ...my friends sons are both in college , and
decided to do spring break there. March 20th the seaosn opened for Rio's The ranch is near a small town, most of the folks there are Mexcan, and
poverty is prevalent, as there are few jobs or industry . This is a remote part of the state. Generally when you think of dangers there, they are javelina , Mountain Lions, and rattlesnakes........this spring , there is a new threat. Apparently there have been actual and trail cam sightings of men, dressed in all black, carrying automatic weapons, running in bands of 12 to 15 . I am sure you have heard of the drug cartels, and recent murders in Mexico and Texas.
Apparently it has spread over the border, I know alot of guys go down that way to hunt. I suggest you call the outfitter, and ask. Tell them not to insult your intelligence. Tell them you want the truth . I take my son, I have since he was 9.....so it really sinks in on me as we already plan for this falls trip.
I wont think of cancelling....only so many times a man gets to see that land like it is, wild, no development, nothing. Not a telphone pole or building on the place....over 18000 acres.... but I also know that place is not like here. Apparently that wall they stopped thinking of building....may have had some merit after all. I mean hell, we just passed a TRILLION dollar tax increase ( I mean Health care program) on the American people with money we cant even print fast enough to pay for it.....so why not just print more monopoly money and hire Mexicans to build the wall......
I dont mean to be rude.........but man , I dont wanna get shot by drug running Mexicans on a hunt in South Texas.
EO caller

Re: Some news from S Texas

Post by EO caller »

Do they have a drug dealer in distress call for the Fox Pro. :twisted: :twisted:
"CHASIN A DREAM-LIVIN A NIGHTMARE"
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

Just another critter running into the call in my books :wink:
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!
Tbush
coyotehunter

Post by Tbush »

my son and I were in south AZ last year and got the hell out of there and headed north.BUT did have the talk if we had someone aproach us what we would do.....bang flop :evil:
a proud member of the "IF" team
rorycoyote
coyotehunter

Post by rorycoyote »

i agree they are on "the list"
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

I have hunted south Arizona a few times and it is crazy what is going on down there. Lots of coyotes the four legged kind and the two legged smuggling kind. Great country but you do need to talk about it. I have camped down there and we skipped the fire and slept with a gun. Really took some fun out of it thinking about worring about getting into some situation out in the middle of know were like that. they want to see you less then you want to see them but..............

That would slow down the traffic if they knew we were down there on the call picking them off. I will have to see if they have a call that sounds like running water. Yes..........they are on "the List"! ;o)
Coyotes Forever