coal black fox

Open Discussion Forum

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

bucksnbears
coyotehunter

coal black fox

Post by bucksnbears »

a buddy of mine had a day off and called early to see if i could take a day off to go hunting. i'm kinda slow now so i said sure. he's never shot a coyote before. we were about 1.5 hour into the day when i spotted a coyote out walking at 1 mile away. we drove over to the next road and was now abot 1/2 mile from it. i stopped to look 1 more time and seen it was a pure black fox . i watched it go into a drainage ditch and the stalk was on got to about 200 yards and an out of cover. i did not want to blow it up as i had my .243 so i wanted a head shot touched one off and the shot was perfect, right in the pumpkin. it was like shooting a "booner" buck . a while later, i spotted a fox laying along a fence line. Porkchop made a sneak and missed it in its bed at 125 . the fox ran overa road and we spotted it bedded back down. this time he got about 225 yards and made a good shot. we no sooner left and i spotted a coyote 1/2 mile out along a drainage ditch but it was looking right at us . i told chop to get out and lay on the top of the ditch. he got out and i left and went competly around the section. i stopped and glassed the coyote and he was staring at me from 1/2 mile out. i backed up about 25 yards then went forward, than back again and that was more than the coyote could take. it got up and headed right down the ditch towards porkchop. he shot it at 20 yards he was one excited guy. could'nt wipe the smile off his face. took our stuff to my fur-buyer and he has never seen a black fox before. i;m getting it tanned and chop is getting his first coyote tanned also. Image
Image. been trying to post this for a coupla days but have been unable to log on :x
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
lyonch
coyotehunter

Re: coal black fox

Post by lyonch »

Awesome Fox Bucs!!!! Its good to see you are finally able to get back on and BS a little with us again :D Tell porkchop congrats on the first.
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
Tbush
coyotehunter

Post by Tbush »

Way,way to cool.........I remember in the early 80's silver and cross fox but never a black fox???
a proud member of the "IF" team
Tactical.20

Post by Tactical.20 »

real nice silver fox bucks, I wonder how it got there? Wild or got loose?
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

TBush, your alive :D :D .. in my lfe. i've shot a couple of what i would consider cross fox and think i have seen 2 silvers that got away but this one takes it to a whole new level. :D

Tac. my fur buyer said this was 100% wild. it was a small male. would like to have full bodied him but 1/2 his face is still in the field :oops: ,so he's just getting tanned. i got a little "fevered up" before the shot :lol: knowing it was gonna be a shot of my lifetime.. am heading out this morning to see if there's any of his siblings hanging around!!. long shot i know but???
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
Dcoy
Top Dog

Post by Dcoy »

You know what I think.
Awesome.
Optimax90
coyotehunter

Post by Optimax90 »

Thats a great prize bucs!! I think that is the fur gods paying you bck for ALL the hard work you have put in this year..... Way to go man!!!
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

very cool bucs
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
'Whack em' and Stack em' ND Style"
"Speak the Language"
1dogdown
coyotehunter

Post by 1dogdown »

Nice trophy! A couple years ago we were on Audubon fishing in July. A silver/black fox was on one of the bigger islands on Audubon. He came walking out of the brush, got drink and went back where he came from. I fished around that island alot that summer so I could maybe get some pictures but I never seen it again. Man would I love to shoot something like that!! Congrats!
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

just got back. damn wind :x no more blackies. did see 1 fox and 5 coyotes. killed 2 coyotes. headed for ND tonight with Denise. she needs her first kill :D
Optimax90
coyotehunter

Post by Optimax90 »

Bucs you are a coyote killing machine!!! :)
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

Optimax90 wrote:Bucs you are a coyote killing machine!!! :)
i did'nt mention the ones i missed :oops: :oops: . Opti, you been whackin n stackin???
Optimax90
coyotehunter

Post by Optimax90 »

bucksnbears wrote:
Optimax90 wrote:Bucs you are a coyote killing machine!!! :)
i did'nt mention the ones i missed :oops: :oops: . Opti, you been whackin n stackin???
I'm a complete embarasment as a coyote hunter :oops: :oops: This damn working thing is kicking my ass..... Anybody who says they want their own buisness, so they can go hunting when ever they want, and have tons of money for gear and gas...... Anybody out there, I got a cabinet shop I can sell you :wink: :lol: :lol:

I'm going to step up my game real soon, and be in prime shape for the classic :roll: :roll: :wink:
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

i'll trade you your winter work for mine :P :P . roofing, siding, :(
Optimax90
coyotehunter

Post by Optimax90 »

bucksnbears wrote:i'll trade you your winter work for mine :P :P . roofing, siding, :(
No thanks!! I like my cozy work bench where my crap dont freeze up!! I don't miss the winter siding or roofing, been there don't want to do it again...