Pet Coyote

Open Discussion Forum

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

LeviM
coyotehunter

Re: Pet Coyote

Post by LeviM »

Plain and Simple wild animals belong in the wild, not at some ladies hocus pocus fairy tale land where all animals get along and sing songs!!
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
'Whack em' and Stack em' ND Style"
"Speak the Language"
petsr4ever
coyotehunter

Post by petsr4ever »

"A coyote is a cunning and clever animal." They are also a beautiful creature of God.
THEY ARE ALSO EXTREMELY HATED BY MOST OF THE PEOPLE I KNOW
I love animals and I love a good challenge. I am going to prove that the lowly coyote is not the demon he is made out to be. If I am wrong I will admit it.

THIS IS THE MAIN REASON I AM GOING TO RAISE A COYOTE FOR A PET
petsr4ever
coyotehunter

Post by petsr4ever »

Oh, and by the way, Levi, all my animals do get along and sing songs.
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

wellbye.gif
wellbye.gif (439.94 KiB) Viewed 8846 times
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
petsr4ever
coyotehunter

Post by petsr4ever »

I have the feeling that by somebody wanting to have a coyote for a "pet", it somehow presents a threat to those of you who like to hunt them. It kind of takes away that "vicious wild cunning and evil status" they have that makes them the "fun and dangerous" animal they are to hunt.

None of you seem to like the idea of anybody possessing any kind of wild animal for a "pet". "Wild animals belong in the wild"so you can hunt and shoot them and prove your manhood somehow. If people successfully make pets of some of them it takes some of the fun out of it for you, apparently. Then they don't seem so "dangerous".

The one and only reason I came to this forum was to ask some advice on how to "aquire" a coyote pup, thinking that some of you would be able to help me with that. I didn't come here to be ridiculed and made fun of. I did not ask your opinion on the "idea" of having a coyote for a pet. All I wanted was some advice on how to get one.

Well, aside from a couple of You, thanks for nothing. Happy hunting and I hope none of you get eaten by a coyote :lol:
Tim Anderson
coyotehunter

Post by Tim Anderson »

You came for advice and we gave it about how to get a pup and why you should'nt try to raise one.. Problem is you came to this site with blindders on and had no intension of following anyones advice. You have clearly shown that you don't follow state laws and don't know how to handle a dog. You have also shown us about how uneducated you are about how coyotes are hunted or killed and made false claims dureing the process...

Some of the members here hunt and trapp coyotes year-round, its there job to take care of problem animals. Some of us just hunt them when the fur is prime, we don't try to wipe them out but try to keep the numbers to where we can keep them from causeing too much harm to other wildlife or keep a even balance..
Once the fur looses its prime I stop hunting them like others and in the off season I enjoy just watching them and takeing pic.s of them in the wild were they are ment to be...

Another thing you fail to understand is a coyote is alot larger than a coon or skunk and if things go bad its going to be much worse... Think you can handle it?? I don't believe you could at youre age... Have you ever seen the show done on the guy that raises' grizzly bears and uses a few for moveies.. He carries a big knife in his back pocket at all times cause he knows you can't trust them and its the same with all animals ment to be wild.. Look at some of the shows on TV "animals gone wild", yep most where tame so they thought till something set them off like the smell of a women haveing her period or someone makeing the wrong hand jester.. If you want to live on the edge then go buy a motor cycle or take up hang glideing.. :mrgreen:
barebackjack
coyotehunter

Post by barebackjack »

petsr4ever wrote:Oh, and by the way, Levi, all my animals do get along and sing songs.
Well when you get a coyote you can let him play with your blue jay! :lol:
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

O.K i have read it all but been gone awhile.

If you want a coyote pup study a pair of coyotes in March and watch them until in mid April (on average) they will pup. You approximately 10 days to find the den and pick one out. This is not an easy task.

Your better bet would be to ask someone that does it for a living and see what the response is
On raising a coyote i think you will be dissapointed in many ways. I have been around raised coyotes and know people that have done it numerous time.l THEY AREN"T good pets as some of other wild animals can become. Don't give it meat at any point in it's live period!

You wanted advice there you go but don't say that you weren't worned when you ended up putting it down.
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!
DustyC

Post by DustyC »

I think the reason I don't think its a good idea is because I've seen first hand what a coyote can do to a baby calf. If I had it my way I'ld kill every single one of the sons-a-bitches!!!!!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: As for making me feel manly, I don't have to kill stuff to do that. I feel manly when I'm a good father to my sons. You know the old saying about "looking a gift horse in the mouth"? Don't make that mistake here. There is alot of knowledge here about coyotes. Yes, they are a vicious wild animal, and yes you have a chance but you will wind up regretting this in one way or another.There is a reason why calling someone a "coyote" is a derogatory comment.
"God hates a coward"
petsr4ever
coyotehunter

Post by petsr4ever »

DustyC wrote:I think the reason I don't think its a good idea is because I've seen first hand what a coyote can do to a baby calf. If I had it my way I'ld kill every single one of the sons-a-bitches!!!!!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: As for making me feel manly, I don't have to kill stuff to do that. I feel manly when I'm a good father to my sons. You know the old saying about "looking a gift horse in the mouth"? Don't make that mistake here. There is alot of knowledge here about coyotes. Yes, they are a vicious wild animal, and yes you have a chance but you will wind up regretting this in one way or another.There is a reason why calling someone a "coyote" is a derogatory comment.
I know what a coyote can do to a baby calf. Didn't God equip them to feed themselves that way? Coyotes, wolves, (predators in general) gotta eat too, right? I also saw what my Husky and my English Setter did to a blind goat we had that got out when the dogs happened to be out. It wasn't nice either, and the dogs weren't even hungry. Coyotes, by the way, eat rabbits, gophers, rats, mice and other smaller critters that would probably become really big problems if there weren't predators like coyotes to control their populations. So if you did, indeed, manage to shoot every one of those "sons-a-bitches", you would end up paying for it in other ways.

As far as coyotes being "vicious and wild"--well, I suppose they can be if they grew up in the wild. I suppose they can really be vicious if they are trapped or cornered and feel like they have to fight for their lives. I wouldn't expect that a person could just walk up to a grown coyote and pet it.

How about badgers? Nothing more aggressive than a badger. But I know of 3 different people who have raised badgers and say they made good pets. Geez, how could that be?

By the way, donkeys, Llamas and certain breeds of dogs can be used to help keep coyotes away from calves and lambs. People who raise cattle and sheep should take more advantage of the use of these animals to protect their herds. They are not expensive to keep. Especially donkeys. Very low-maintenance and make excellent watch dogs. But, then that would take the fun out of demonizing coyotes and having a good reason to go out and "kill the evil enemy". Right?
Optimax90
coyotehunter

Post by Optimax90 »

OK, here is my suggestion. I don't have a clue how to go about getting you a coyote pup, and don't give a rats ass how to do it either (cause I got enough headaches already...) But I think we should help you get a pup, hell I think you should just take the whole damn liter, so that the pup will not be lonely.... I say lets give you what you want, and in return you give us a week by week report (a honest report) and if your sucessful, I for one will tell you that you are right and I'm wrong......... one way or another your going to do it, with or without any of our help. I have an amish buddy that has 13 kids :shock: and when he had 11, I asked him what the hell he was thinking... He said "you know those damn women, once they get somthing in there head thre aint NO changing their mind...." "she wants 12 kids just like her mom, and thats what she wants..." The last time it was twins :lol: :lol: :lol:
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

me thinks the mod's should shut this down. she started out asking some good questions butit's clear now that she won't take advice. let her live in mamby-pamby land where all animals frolic and sing kom-bi-ya together. nothing good will happen to this thread from here on out. but maybe its just me :roll:
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
xdeano
coyotehunter

Post by xdeano »

I have to agree with bucks.

A little suggestion for petsr4ever. Go contact the ND board of animal Health or talk with the ND state Vet and get your permit and go from there. Don't keep pissing everyone off. If you want to do it, do it right. If you need numbers just ask, i know who you should start with.

xdeano
“It’s better to live one day as a lion, than a thousand years as a lamb.” -Mussolini
Critrgtr
coyotehunter

Post by Critrgtr »

bucksnbears wrote:me thinks the mod's should shut this down. she started out asking some good questions butit's clear now that she won't take advice. let her live in mamby-pamby land where all animals frolic and sing kom-bi-ya together. nothing good will happen to this thread from here on out. but maybe its just me :roll:
:lol: :lol: :lol: I love Geico commercials. But Ya I agree too.
Tbush
coyotehunter

Post by Tbush »

Here Here..... I agree with bucks, shut it down.. She has no control of her own dogs killing her goats, going crazy toward her grand son, and whatever else??? let her be... at her age you can't changing her mind, Most of you know a don't like to ruffle feathers or speak badly,,, BUT I am curious to find out the results, how about a side bet to see how it goes. blue jay dead,geese all dead,other dogs injured or they kill the coyote, and lets not forget stiches, medical and vet bills, almost forgot the grand kids god help them if Dad forgets to lock up the coyote :shock: Train wreck.

PS... We see this stuff all the time with dogs that show sign's of being biters, and are unpredictable at very young ages and most people will not listen to us (some do and put the dog down) :D others come back with bad stories and I should have listened to you "the sign's were there" and the worst... we gave it to another family :(
a proud member of the "IF" team