Shotguns

Open Discussion Forum

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

DustyC

Re: Shotguns

Post by DustyC »

i have to find out what choke to use. Me knowing what little i do about, I think you can use a full with copper coated bb. I have heard that steel isn't the best for coyotes but I haven't tried it so don't hold me to that. Let me know what you figure out.
"God hates a coward"
1dogdown
coyotehunter

Post by 1dogdown »

I will let you know.My brother went out today and patterened the 4 buck 3" he bought at 50 yards. We are going out hunting in the morning and I will grab some black cloud and check it against the other stuff.
Jamie Nelms
coyotehunter

Post by Jamie Nelms »

1dogdown wrote:DustyC.... Do you use a full choke with that load? I have a couple boxes of Black Cloud left over from goose season and was thinking of trying that. The only thing that sucks is I have to shoot a modified choke with Black Cloud because it is steel shot. I just don't know if it would be kind of a wash....3 1/2" Black Cloud BB with a modified choke or 3" #4 buck with a full choke. I guess a guy will just have to get out and pattern both loads at 50 yards.

I'm sure you know why you need to use a mod choke with steel shot but for those who dont.........
Steel shot starts to bounce as the barrel gets smaller and flairs out when it leaves the barrel while with lead the shot compresses (spelling might be wrong on that) the black cloud bismuth should do fine with a full choke, just high dollar. My dad used to hunt with 2 3/4" #2 shot back in the day. Before all of the 3" mag stuff.
When work takes the time of the hunt I have to hunt to make time..........