DELETED!

Open Discussion Forum

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

jaybic
coyotehunter

Re: They are popping up all over the place!

Post by jaybic »

I dont think that this pic has anything to do with coyote hunting. Maybe BBJ or some of you other vets can correct me but in looks like there is MILES gear transmitter (big square thing in front of the scope in the kneeling guys weapon)and what appears to be a real light machinegun in the back with a belt of what is probably blanks which makes me think that this pic is about some sort of JROTC field activity or mini-boot camp war game. How can ya lean on mitch for picking onf the new guys when this pic is not at all about coyote hunting. Mitch seen a funny internet pic of some guys playing war and posted it as a joke. Thats it....Thats all. No coyote hunting mentioned. Dont read something into something thats not there.

Mitch, correct me if I am mistaken but it just thought you were posting a funny. No meaning to it at all.

Jaybic
barebackjack
coyotehunter

Post by barebackjack »

That looks to be MILES gear, and an M240B in the background.

Id say its a "lets play war day" and than you can enlist! type of thing.....and "bring a friend!".
EO caller

Post by EO caller »

If you notice, most the new guys are mainly guys that are not experienced in coyote hunting and are looking for some advice. That has some meritt. It shows that somewere along the line somebody heard that this is the place to come if you really want to learn from guys that know what there doing. Not to say that were not going to get away with not having to deal with the occasional shithead. And yes alot of them are looking for a way to cut to the chase and call coyotes in everyother stand which we all know is not gonna happen.
As for Mitch's comment, hey if you can't take a little ribbing don't bother trying to join any new club-forum-group thats full of real men. If you can't take a joke or two from some good ole boy's then you aint one of the good ole boys. If you can handle it and dish it out when appropriate (sp) then welcome aboard.
One of my first posts on here I mentioned that I had a howler that sounded good and was very pretty looking. Instantly someone "I think it was Levi" said it doesn't matter what it looked like and basically I was stupid for thinking that mattered. I'm sure thats not what he meant but thats what I took out of it. I made a comment back saying that next time I'll get a call that looks more like Rosie O'Donnel and everybody got a laugh out of it. You have to be able to make fun of yourself in order to make fun of others in my opinion. And I think Mitch has that covered if you read alot of his posts.
This site is pretty tight knit and new guys will be scrutinized a bit. It doesn't mean they wont get good advice and become one of the boy's if they show they belong here.
Just my 2 cents.
"CHASIN A DREAM-LIVIN A NIGHTMARE"
DustyC

Post by DustyC »

i myself took it as a joke, all though I was a little offended when someone said it was a guy. I was thinkin it looked like a girl I won hoggin night with back in college!!!!!!! Any way, maybe people should read between the lines on this post also. I think that Mitch is an upstanding young guy and if there was any meaning to this post at all, that it was aimed at the new guys that show up that have never done it before and claim they no it all. Correct me if I'm wrong Mitch.
Jeck, there is no reason at all to blame Mitch for havin a good friend like Marty. He never gloats about it or holds it over anyones head. Maybe you should look around and find your own ''Marty''. I have alot of guys that have helped me along the way and it's not because I went to them with the know it all attitude. You can say that Mitchs' success is all because of Marty but thats not true. You aren't giving Mitch enough credit for having alot of heart and try. He didn't get good by being lazy and not paying attention!!!!!!!!!
GOOD HELL, I SURE CAN RANT.
"God hates a coward"
jaybic
coyotehunter

Post by jaybic »

I see pics of Mitch with alot of dead coyotes and Marty posting things like "way to go!" I get the impression that Mitch is plenty deadly on coyotes whether marty is there or not so my hat is off to the guy. I will also go out on a limb and say that Mitch probably gets rubbed raw when folks imply that the only reason he does well is because of Marty but I sure could be wrong. I wish I had a mentor like Marty at that age and I will also bet that MItch has learned enough that he could put the hurt on alot of coyotes with a scarecrow as a hunting partner. Just my best guess.

JBBJ, Thanks for the second opinion and thats exactly what I thought it was. MILES gear. Thats how I got recruited into the USMC is on whats called a "mini-boot camp." They let you play with all the cool guns and toys and the next day, you beat feet right down to the recruiters office and take the oath and drag your buddy with. You nailed it right on there head. I would bet alot that that is exactly what this pic is of.

Jaybic
Jeck
coyotehunter

Post by Jeck »

Never once did I say... or mean I hold it against him that Marty helped him out. I think that is great. That to me is what hunting is about. Getting other people out and interested in a sport. That is why I am not a fan of some of the chest pounding and cliquey groups on some other websites. I don't even know Marty, but I can safely say he is a hell of a good guy.

As I said earlier... I just stated what I thought. I didn't care for the post... and I simply stated that not everyone is born an expert. The picture was funny, if he didn't mean the comment like it came across... then thats great. I think everyone needs to relax! :D
leadbiscuit
coyotehunter

Post by leadbiscuit »

Pretty new here myself. For the most part I've gotten a warm but somewhat catious reception. I can live with that. As far as the new guys are concerned (myself included), I would say be polite, keep your enthusiasm in check and don't lay all of your cards on the table right from the start. People tend to respect guys that aren't out to prove how much they know about everything. It takes a little longer to get to know folks, but it is the way to go. I dont care if Mitch's post was a shot at new guys or not. I don't know Mitch as well as most of you. If the concesus is he's a good kid, that's good enough for me.
DustyC

Post by DustyC »

[quote][/quote]Not everyone has a Marty! What does that mean?
"God hates a coward"
barebackjack
coyotehunter

Post by barebackjack »

jaybic wrote:
JBBJ, Thanks for the second opinion and thats exactly what I thought it was. MILES gear. Thats how I got recruited into the USMC is on whats called a "mini-boot camp." They let you play with all the cool guns and toys and the next day, you beat feet right down to the recruiters office and take the oath and drag your buddy with. You nailed it right on there head. I would bet alot that that is exactly what this pic is of.

Jaybic
So im NOT the only one that was duped by that ploy! :lol:

That MILES gear was a joke. We found out early on you could get it to "fire" just by tapping the side of the sending unit on the rifle with your finger. I "sniped" many an OPFOR with my rare "silenced" M16. :lol: :lol:
mitchkvernum
coyotehunter

Post by mitchkvernum »

DELETED
Last edited by mitchkvernum on Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jeck
coyotehunter

Post by Jeck »

DustyC wrote:
Not everyone has a Marty! What does that mean?
DustyC,

It means that some new guys to coyote hunting don't have someone like Marty to learn from... firsthand. So, they come on the site and ask questions. That is how they have to learn. Especially in states where coyote hunting isn't that popular and most people don't do it. I am curious... what else could you interpret or are you trying to interpret that to mean?
DustyC

Post by DustyC »

I guess i didn't learn my lesson with hottdog so here it go's.
I see you rippin' on a kid that is on this site throwin up some good pics and stories about his hunting. All I know is that you don't get your picture taken with huge racks like Mitch does unless you're either: A) a good hunter or B) a rock star. You read more into Mitchs post than what was there and now you think I did the same to you. Whats up?
"God hates a coward"
Jeck
coyotehunter

Post by Jeck »

Mitch,

We were typing at the same time on your last post.

First off, I am aware of what happened to Marty's son and your friend Luke. I am sorry for the loss for both of you. There isn't anything worse for a parent or best friend to go through.

And I am not mad about your post... just didn't like what I thought it said. I really am not the one getting worked up. Just stating my thoughts! :) I already said what I thought it looked like to me.

And I didn't ask for a "Marty" of my own... don't know how that keeps coming up. I said people that start out don't always have someone like Marty to learn from.

I don't claim to be an expert at coyote hunting... but I am not a beginner either. I can hold my own, but I am always looking for new ideas, tips, etc. I am always open to learning something new. That is why I am here.
mitchkvernum
coyotehunter

Post by mitchkvernum »

Im just going to delete all my posts from this thread and move on... :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? . Didnt think a simple joke would cause such a fusss!! I guess some people have "sensitive" feelings.
Last edited by mitchkvernum on Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jeck
coyotehunter

Post by Jeck »

DustyC wrote:You read more into Mitchs post than what was there and now you think I did the same to you. Whats up?
DustyC,

I don't know how to answer your question... :)

I am not going to get in a pissing match over this with you. Wasn't really ripping on Mitch. I said what I said... if he didnt mean it the way I and some others originally took it - great. End of story.