Calling yotes

Open Discussion Forum

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

kodiak_vs
coyotehunter

Calling yotes

Post by kodiak_vs »

Have a question i have went out about 12 times calling and have had no luck. The only thig i see is about 50 deer at each spot that i try. I have an electric call a johny stewert that i can put different cards into. I have used the rodent, rabbit and even howling and have no luck. The only way i have luck is when the group gets together and hunts them. We have 15 yotes and 7 fox since Jan. 1. Any help would be nice
Coyote 22-250
coyotehunter

Post by Coyote 22-250 »

how long do you let the sound play? is the vehicle hidden? are you able to sneak into your stand quietly? how long do you stay on stand? wind in your favor? give a little more info of sets. the more info sometimes= more help. in my area where there is deer there are coyotes. don't give up, just keep going something will break loose. just trying to help
Matt Monson

A.K.A Goose Bandit
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

Matt there are deer everywhere in your neck of the woods of course deer will equal coyotes!!! LOL :lol:
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
'Whack em' and Stack em' ND Style"
"Speak the Language"
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

are you calling in minnesota? I am in central minnesota and let me tell you the calling is tough. If you are dicouraged after 12 stands your not going to make it. As matt has mentioned before the more detailed you get with what your doing and your setups the more accurate infor that can be given.
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
kodiak_vs
coyotehunter

Post by kodiak_vs »

To answer some of your questions. The sound will play for 60 seconds on my call, i will wait about another minute before plying it again. I hide the vehicle and i think i sneak in good enough. I usually will call for about 30-45 minutes per stand. I have the wind in my face or blowing to the side of me anyways. I know there are coyotes around as well since i see tracks all over the place. Yes i am calling is west central minnesota. Little note i thought you would enjoy, on our farm ground and around the country side we seen over 100 coyotes from july till about december.
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

If you don't mind me asking, what part of west central MN? I was born and raised in that country.
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
'Whack em' and Stack em' ND Style"
"Speak the Language"