Calls!

Open Discussion Forum

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

HuskerCoyoteCaller
coyotehunter

Calls!

Post by HuskerCoyoteCaller »

I've been reading through some of your old posts and trying to figure out what calls you guys like. I have the red desert howler @ hot dog which pretty much sound the same to me. If I had to pick I'd take the red desert. What do you guys like for Howlers? What do you use for distress calls? I'm only about 60 miles from Randy Anderson so I'm a fan and use his calls. I ordered the Primos catnip and sonic dome howler today. Anybody tried them? Let me know your favorites!
Coyote fever gotta love it! Go Huskers!!!!!
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

Red Desert, Song-dog, Critr call standard,pee-wee,song-dog jr are all good calls

Go to howler=Red Desert

Go to distress=Critr-call standard
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

#1 call in my bag hands down is the song dog. I think that if i were to get one of jerry's wiley one predator calls that would be my go to howler cause that thing just sounds great to me. The only call that Rand Anderson makes that sounds good to me is when levi uses his lil dog for distress sounds.
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
Fallguy
coyotehunter

Post by Fallguy »

My go to howler is the Crit R Call Magnum. Also the Red Desert.

My favorite distress call is the Crit R Call Standard and also I am very fond of the Syco Tweety.
"Lure The Fur" Calling Team
Tbush
coyotehunter

Post by Tbush »

Howler hand made, all other calls Foxpro
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

I have just used the song dog for so long that I do not take to many other calls out much. I have blown on a lot of great calls over the years, all the ones mentioned above will get it done. I wish I had a dime for every call that I have lost over the years. How many of you guys have left one behind?? The Song dog that I have used for the past 8-9 years got lost Nov 3rd of last year. I think the lanyard was hanging out of my pocket and got caught on some sage on my way back to the truck. I will be do a little walking this spring when the snow comes off and I hope to find it. I have called a couple of coyotes in with it over the years and would like to have it back.
Coyotes Forever
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

You just got to let in go man!! It time for a new call, and before you know it,, you will have memories with your new call :wink:
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
'Whack em' and Stack em' ND Style"
"Speak the Language"
HuskerCoyoteCaller
coyotehunter

I can relate to that coyotehunter. I had to throw away my lucking hunting socks this year. It hurt really hurt!
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

:shock: :lol:
Coyotes Forever
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

isnt it strange on how stuff grows on a guy like that :lol: I dont knoe what i would do if i were to loose a few of my things :cry:
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
Fallguy
coyotehunter

Post by Fallguy »

coyotehunter

I feel for you man. Last year on one weekend papapete lost his face mask, and I lost my Song Dog and my Red Desert Mouthpiece out of my howler. I ordered a new moutpiece but it just isn't the same. I can't get it to sound like the original one. Plus that puke green color was just so attractive I sure do miss it!
"Lure The Fur" Calling Team
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

It was so bad off that I had it held together with electrical tape. I called in my first cat with it. flourescent orange.
Coyotes Forever
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

lyonch wrote:isnt it strange on how stuff grows on a guy like that :lol: I dont knoe what i would do if i were to loose a few of my things :cry:
You seem to loose a call a year youself :lol: Then I gotta hear you cry all the way back to the truck that you lost your call! You haven't lost your song dog yet, knock on wood
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
'Whack em' and Stack em' ND Style"
"Speak the Language"
HuskerCoyoteCaller
coyotehunter

I just got my new Primos Catnip wow it sounds pretty. I'm no pro but man it sounds good. I also got a diaphram howler I don't think it's a bad call but I sound like a coyote choking on his own mange when I blow it. I think it's going to work on the long birds in April though. Took Friday off going to meet my cousin in our old stopping grounds I'll see how good the catnip works.
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

a guys faviorat call is priceless
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!