sunny??

Share your coyote hunting tips, techniques, and thoughts about coyote hunting.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

hamma time

sunny??

Post by hamma time »

do you guys go out when its sunny out??
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

I worry more about wind the light conditions. rather have over cast to hide any glare I may have but the coyotes are easier to see if you have a bright sunny day out.
Coyotes Forever
Dcoy
Top Dog

Post by Dcoy »

I go whenever I can.Sunny days are fine if you use shadows when setting up if possible and a careful approach.Great days for glassing-almost cheating how they shine. :D
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

I do like how they look like a white fence post out there on those sunny days. But i guess i have never let the cloud conditions make any decisions for me just the wind
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

Prairie Ghost wrote:But i guess i have never let the cloud conditions make any decisions for me just the wind
Good Quote!! I like it

I love cloudy days, I hate trying to look into the sun, worry about shine, and trying to get the wind and the sun to line up just right!
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
'Whack em' and Stack em' ND Style"
"Speak the Language"
Dcoy
Top Dog

Post by Dcoy »

Was driving home from IL today and where we had sunshine,was reminded of one more good thing about sunny days-you can glass and spot sign a long way out there-even at pretty good speeds.Heck today at highway speeds I could spot tracks here/there without glasses.Of course fresh snow helps and boy do they have that in southern Wi and northern IL-a guy from Madison,Wi was telling me they had over 90 inches so far,20 over their all time record.For spot and stalkers,sun and fresh snow rule!
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

really makes it nice for spotting those reds curled up in a ball on a pillow drift!
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!