Mountain Lion Killed Outside of Fargo N.D.

Open Discussion Forum

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

crtrgtr223
coyotehunter

Mountain Lion Killed Outside of Fargo N.D.

Post by crtrgtr223 »

Just recieved an e-mail about a cat being shot with a picture of what looks like a guy doing all he could do to hold up a big tom, the only info it said was cat shot outside of Fargo. Just curious if anyone else heard about it yet, or if this is someones cruel idea of a joke!
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

I haven't heard anything! Do you know when it was shot? I will keep my eyes and ears open for anything, but I think I would of heard something.
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
'Whack em' and Stack em' ND Style"
"Speak the Language"
crtrgtr223
coyotehunter

Post by crtrgtr223 »

Not sure when it was shot, maybe between sunday and tuesday of this week. I did some more investigating and the only other rumor I could find was that maybe it was shot in Montana and he was trying to claim it as a N.D. kill.
I wish I was better at this computer stuff, I would put up the picture of it I have because it is one huge kitty cat. I am no expert, but I would guess it at around 160- 180 by looking at the picture and the man trying to hold it!
Since there is no info on it, and nobody seems to have heard anything about it, I am quite leary about the authenticity of it. Just curious if anyone else could confirm or deny it. Good hunting to all!
Fallguy
coyotehunter

Post by Fallguy »

I have a student (9th grader) that for the last two days has come in and been telling me that one was killed by Mapleton, ND. That is the only thing I have heard of it, so I'm not sure about the authenticity of it. I asked him if he was sure it wasn't the Cogswell Lion and he said that this was another kill.
"Lure The Fur" Calling Team
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

I will keep my eyes open and do a little looking around but I haven't even heard a whisper of it! Usually Mt. Lion kills make our local news!!
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
'Whack em' and Stack em' ND Style"
"Speak the Language"
Fallguy
coyotehunter

Post by Fallguy »

Exactly Levi that is why I am skeptical about it.
"Lure The Fur" Calling Team
Daryl
coyotehunter

Post by Daryl »

I got that e-mail about a lion killed by Mapelton 2 months ago. I am sure it is a hoax since there has been no news on it. The pic in the e-mail showed it to be a very large lion like 150lbs +
I would rather have a slow hit than a fast miss...
crtrgtr223
coyotehunter

Post by crtrgtr223 »

Yeah, I am going with my first instinct and calling it a bad joke! Then I am getting up in the morning and try calling in one of my own!!