Gunsmith

Open Discussion Forum

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

Dcoy
Top Dog

Gunsmith

Post by Dcoy »

I'm looking for a good but reasonably priced gunsmith for a project.Long story but the following is a short version explaining it.The gunsmith it went to is unavailable.
Any ideas on gunsmiths or the project itself appreciated.The mention of 'cera coating'isn't necessary.Would prefer someone in the Dakotas or Mn if possible.Thanks.

"BACKGROUND:I'm a gun nut who's retired but has had 2 retinal detachments(at least one attributable to recoil)
That means I shoot right or left handed-dependent on which way the critter approaches or what eye is working 'best' that day.More and more though I'm shooting left handed.
One of my favorite and most accurate rifles was made for me perhaps 12-15 years ago.Its a Shilen barrel,McMillan stock,Rem 700 actioned 220 improved.Its right handed now.
QUESTION:What would it cost me,if you're even interested,to have it changed to left handed?I'd need a new action and stock obviously and I'd want it 'accurized'after construction.I'd likely have it cera coated or otherwise painted by you as well as part of this.
I'd want to swap actions and stocks.
Thoughts?Prices?Comments?
Any input appreciated.
Thanks,
Dick"
Tim Anderson
coyotehunter

Re: Gunsmith

Post by Tim Anderson »

You could give SGR custom rifles a try. He is located in southern Mn..
You will need a left hand action for youre new project and also a new stock. The smith mentioned may take youre action on trade for a left handed one. You maybe money ahead if you just go out and buy a lefthanded rifle...
Daryl
coyotehunter

Post by Daryl »

Steve Wald is a excelent gunsmith in Mandan ND. He also holds records for 1000yd competition. If interested PM me and I will get you his phone #. There is also a couple other real good gunsmiths in ND I know and could give you there #'s as well.
I would rather have a slow hit than a fast miss...
Dcoy
Top Dog

Post by Dcoy »

Thanks Tim and Daryl!
I'm on it.
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

Northern Rifle Accurizing (Gordy Linnel) out of Grand Forks does all my work
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

Gordy has built a couple of guns for me. I also shot league with him for a few years, great guy.
Coyotes Forever