Top dog forum

Open Discussion Forum

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Re: Top dog forum

Post by Coyotehunter »

If you just want to look at it as a way to help support the site to keep it up and going that is fine. The Top Dog portion is more like a online interactive Magazine. Articles, 10% Store discount, How to Video's, and the ability to send in requests and have them answered with a video. You can say a lot in print but I can not show you how a 6 week old coyote pup sounds like by just typing it. I wish everything was free in life but maintaining this site on a trappers income is a stretch at best. What is it worth to you to put a few more coyotes, cats, fox, etc. on the strecher each year. Still tons of info on the chat forum. The top dog area is more driven towards instruction. The guy at the intermediate level that wants to take the next step. The amount of money I have spent over the years for one-on-one personal instruction is substantial. Lots of veteran trappers, biologists, ADC guys, gunsmiths... have helped me get to the level I am at now and you can not learn it all from magazines and web sites. The cost of taking time off from work and spending days in the field with professionals is time consuming and expensive. This allows you a chance to stand over the shoulder of a guy who has "been there done that" at a relatively low cost. Plus if you buy a few things from the store you can recover some of the cost. Lots of internet experts out there, this is the real deal in real time, not just some guy typing what he read or heard on another forum. Lots of pics of animals in traps, snares, called in and a few other surprises. not for everyone and there is a ton of free info on this site. With the pics to back up the comments. If I give an opinion on something it is because I have done it not because i just heard about it or read it some where.
Coyotes Forever
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

Thats fine if you don't want to spend money, seperates the people that are happy with a few coyotes killed Vs. the people that want to Kill coyotes consisitantly. I have taken a class last year on trapping, and spent some money, money well worth it. If I would of had to start from scratch, I would of been lost. I would spend that money again and again to keep learning. Top Dog is a learning tool, there is more to coyotes then most of us know, there are by far more studies out there on coyotes then any other animal. Take it for whats it worth, if you don't want particicpate, fine, but the comments aren't not needed.
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
'Whack em' and Stack em' ND Style"
"Speak the Language"
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

There is no seperation on the forums of professionals vs recreational the Top dog is simply stuff that is more in depth and will be more and more member dictated (answering certain questions by members). The fact of the matter is to host this site is NOT free and the knowledge some of the guys have gained over the years has not been FREE. The problem with everything anymore is everyone wants it for nothing. Everyone wants to sit down with someone and have them teach them to be the best trapper, caller, scientist, engineer ect ect and at no cost. If you don't put the time, sweat and tears into learning something or developing something you have no respect for the guys before you. And good instruction doesn't cost it pays in the long run.

Top dog is completely by choice if you want to join thats up to you if you don't so be it. It is for the people that really want to know everything they can about coyotes and how to take care of problem coyotes if needed.

There is still plenty of good discussion on the forums the top dog area is just where there is things that we can spend more time going more in depth. It takes a lot of time and energy to put together a 15 minute video on trapping or snaring or calling and get it loaded on the site. Not to mention the time from work or family to get it done that is why there is a cost involved and it helps support the cost of keeping the site up and running.
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!