Scheels

Open Discussion Forum

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

Daryl
coyotehunter

Scheels

Post by Daryl »

So the local Scheels store had this nice big DPMS AR-15 display case full of guns and shortly after Obama was elected I was in Scheels and the DPMS rifles were gone and there were about 8 or 10 new R-15 rifles in there. Now I was there this weekend and the whole case and everything is gone. What happened? Had anyone else noticed this in there Scheels :?
I would rather have a slow hit than a fast miss...
mohunter
coyotehunter

Re: Scheels

Post by mohunter »

I dont know what Scheels is but my buddy owns a gun shop and they can not keep AR-15s,1022s, or just about anything with a detachable clip since the election, they use to have a wall full but they are sold before they ever get them in now. Even gun prices has jumped a bit. Everyone is scared Obama is going to take the guns, and he might make it hard to get them and make them even more expensive but people need to calm down and realize that there is more than one a**hole who has the say in that. There is a bunch of a**holes,lol and I dont think they can get it done.
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

nothing makes a gun manufacture happier than having a democrate in office. same thing happened when Clinton was elected. Scheels in Grand Forks, ND sold more guns this past year than they have ever sold since they opened back in the 80's
Coyotes Forever
wizbang
coyotehunter

Post by wizbang »

I agree with mohunter. I think everyone needs to calm down. I think the NRA likes to drum up membership dollars with hype. I've noticed guns selling like hell too but I think its a little crazy myself. The only thing I think they have evidence of Obama saying about guns is that he's like to regulate gun shows more. I love my guns as much as the next hick, but I think people shouldn't be so impulsive.
The Outdoorsman
coyotehunter

Post by The Outdoorsman »

Im fortunate enough to not have to worry about going to the local gun store to get my guns or ammo as I get mine for what the stores get them without the mark up price. But regardless of who is the President, we will never see our guns taken away for good. They will do what they can to regulate who can get them and how, but I dont think they will do away with our rights to bear arms. It wont fly on capital hill. Nor in my house, please, come and try to take my guns away from me, if you can find them. :twisted:
Pilgrim

Post by Pilgrim »

SnowBass23

Post by SnowBass23 »

Wow, It's refreshing to see hunting and outdoor-lovers (enthusiasts isn't a strong enough word for us!) with a more conservative view point. Most of the guys I know are all on this gloom and doom, 'the sky is falling' kick. While Obama certainly has said some things that concern me, when it comes to guns I really feel a lot of the frenzy is a knee-jerk reaction. Everyone is running out and buying guns and ammo because their brother's neighbor's cousin said they'd all be confiscated tommorrow. Just like everything else in politics it is all a big cycle. Just like in the Clinton days everyone is afraid of what he'll do, even though it really takes work. He's not going to make guns or certain types illegal overnight. That is why I think the important thing is that we PAY ATTENTION to the types of laws being brought up and contact representation in your area (senators, governors, etc.). I don't want to lose my rights, so I'm not going to lose my head and run into the backyard and bury my guns, but at the same time we shouldn't just let the gov do things unchecked.
wizbang
coyotehunter

Post by wizbang »

That hype is the kind of crap that ruins lives-- just ask Dan Cooper.

It was ridiculous how they strung him up and ousted him -- all for him excercising his american freedom of expression. Good lord. :|