Where Does a Newbie Start?

Open Discussion Forum

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

SnowBass23

Where Does a Newbie Start?

Post by SnowBass23 »

Hi all,

First off, this is a fantastic site that you have here. I stumbled upon it while trying to find beginner's info on coyote hunting. Just like the topic says, where do I even begin to look for information on the whys and hows of coyote hunting? I am in lower Alabama so the terrain itself is hilly with thick woods and a lot of underbrush at times. I have seen and heard coyotes all around my neighborhood and usual deer/hog hunting areas. We also see a lot of sign, whether it is from coyotes/foxes(seen quite a few of them also), or some other canine I am not certain. In our usual hunting areas we routinely see small dog tracks, scat, and quite a few out of the way burrows with dog tracks in and out of them. My luck these are just stray dogs that people have abandoned!

I've already started reading through the pages of posts on here, but is there any other guidance that all of you seasoned veterans can offer? Thanks in advance for any information you might have to offer.

SnowBass
Dcoy
Top Dog

Re: Where Does a Newbie Start?

Post by Dcoy »

Welcome!
You've taken a good step by landing here although the basics aren't detailed here that much.Consider joining the 'Top Dog'forum;review the Video/DVD threads here for good ones to watch;then do a search for 'coyote hunting' or 'coyote hunting basics'and you'll have more than you want in terms of websites,books,articles,DVDs,whatever.
Good hunting!
Tbush
coyotehunter

Re: Where Does a Newbie Start?

Post by Tbush »

Welcome :) Page through some past posts for info and if you have anything specific just ask and you'll get info from many of us, Remember we all were newbie's at one time
a proud member of the "IF" team