riflescope

Share your coyote hunting tips, techniques, and thoughts about coyote hunting.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

rhino
coyotehunter

riflescope

Post by rhino »

I have settled on a new gun, remington 700 SPS .223. What would be the best scope for this gun? The gun will be 99% used for coyotes. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thank you.
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

I have all my guns topped off with Leupold 4 X 12 VARI-X II scope with a Duplex reticle. I have found them used for as low as $225 and they have a lifetime unconditional warranty. I use the same scope on all my guns and the same reticle, which helps with judging distance.
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

I use a Nikon Buckmaster 6X14X50 on my .223 I like to look at my coyotes up close and personal!!
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
'Whack em' and Stack em' ND Style"
"Speak the Language"
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

I have Leupold but i am not real impressed i will be looking at Burris next time after talking to some of the professionals it seems that they really like the high end Burris
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

I had a Burris Signature 4 x 12 that was great the first couple of years but due to some hard use(dropped once in the rocks, down the steps once, bouncing around the truck a couple of times) it would not hold zero any more.
rhino
coyotehunter

Post by rhino »

well I just bought a burris fulfield II 3X9 Ballistic plex reticle scope. The guy I bought it from had nothing bad to say about it. one of his most popular scopes. Pretty clear too. I will be shooting with it this weekend. I will post what I think.
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

Burris does have a good piece of glass. Very clear optic.
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

The guys that i have talked to like the Black Diamond series but i have not done all my research but next time i need a scope i will be lookiing into them
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

I have only heard good things from the black diamond series. I have never used one or even looked through one but some of my buddies have them and love them.
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
'Whack em' and Stack em' ND Style"
"Speak the Language"
Rich Cronk

Post by Rich Cronk »

rhino,
Buy the best quality scope that you can afford. A good 3-9x 40mm scope is almost perfect for a calling rifle. I like the Nikon 3-9x 40mm "Monarch" myself. Having said that, I also have to tell you this-----I recently looked thru a Nikon "Buckmaster" in 4-12X 40mm with BDC that impressed me a lot. 299.00 At my local Bass Pro shop. That bugger keeps trying to draw me back there to buy it.
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

great advice
rhino
coyotehunter

Post by rhino »

thanks for the advice. I might be looking for another scope for my 7mm I will keep the nikon in mind. I bought a burris fullfield II 3X9 40. works good so far. I like the BDC reticle.
PredatorCaller

Re: riflescope

Post by PredatorCaller »

The Burris Signature 1.5-6 power is an excellent scope with a awesome field of view. Sight it in on the highest power, and call using the lowest. That works the best for me. Especially when you are calling them in within 100 yards.
Hitman off road
coyotehunter

Post by Hitman off road »

I have a Burris Black Diamond on my custom AR15 and I love it. My 22 250 has an older Bausch and Lomb Elite that is a great scope as well, but they aren't available anymore.
When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns. They'll have to pry mine from my cold dead hands.
Tango
coyotehunter

Post by Tango »

couple of weeks ago maybe its been month & half i got a leopuld 3x9x40 with the lr sites i like it just wish i could get something with 4 legs has a light brownish tan to it, that is also low to the ground to stand in front of it at about 200 yrds. (a like a little challenge) so i could test it out. but it is easy to adjust clear glass & again as someone else said a lifetime no questions asked guarentee as long as they have the gold ring on the one end. i think if you go any lower than a 3x9 it won't have the gaurentee on it. but check it out to make sure. :mrgreen:
right where God wants me