pup in destress

Open Discussion Forum

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

Daryl
coyotehunter

Re: pup in destress

Post by Daryl »

No kiddin TA. I am glad Randy didn't charge me but it would have been worth it. I have been around alot of electronic callers but the WT is SWEET 8) . I had to have one. They are alittle bulky but at 3.7lbs not all that heavy.
I would rather have a slow hit than a fast miss...
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

Tim Anderson wrote:Most of you guys proably don't have a WT. so you don't know but Bill has two pup distress sounds and one adult distress. The pup distress is 8 month and 10 month of age and both sound different..
at 8-10 months they are no longer pups, they are coyotes.
Coyotes Forever
devildogg
coyotehunter

Post by devildogg »

I'm just a little slow or i missed something what is a TA and a WT. this is driving me nuts
Daryl
coyotehunter

Post by Daryl »

devildogg I will give you WT 101 at the Balta hunt :wink: Oh and a TA is Tim Anderson :lol:
Tbush
coyotehunter

Post by Tbush »

ahww come on tell him :lol: :lol:
a proud member of the "IF" team
Daryl
coyotehunter

Post by Daryl »

Terry I want ol devildogg to think about it for awhile. He will be in Balta then I will tell him about my new secret weapon :lol: :lol: . I had know idea what it was either but glad I know about it now they rock :wink:
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

I will guarantee you that the coyote does not know the difference.
Coyotes Forever
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

:?: Any insight :?:
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
'Whack em' and Stack em' ND Style"
"Speak the Language"
Dcoy
Top Dog

Post by Dcoy »

Wildlife Tech electronic.The question is,oldmodel?New Model?Or,Real new model-the half price one? :D
Don't spend $800-think about $400.
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

I see, so what the story on them? what makes them better than the rest of the electronic callers?
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
'Whack em' and Stack em' ND Style"
"Speak the Language"
Tim Anderson
coyotehunter

Post by Tim Anderson »

Tim Anderson wrote:
Most of you guys proably don't have a WT. so you don't know but Bill has two pup distress sounds and one adult distress. The pup distress is 8 month and 10 month of age and both sound different..
I don't have my sound list here so i went from memorie. What i should of typed was Bill has the following pup distress sounds::: 3 weeks
10 weeks
8 weeks distress with growls
8 month
As i understand it a dog or coyote is a pup or yoy untill they reach one year of age...
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

Personally i would have to say that a pup is somwhere in the neighborhood of birth till about 3-4 months old then they become young of the year until about january. After January in my opinion you shot a coyote. Thats just the way i look at it.
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
Tim Anderson
coyotehunter

Post by Tim Anderson »

The WT. is louder and more clearer than other brands. The recordings are of actual animals and not some sound produced and recorded by a hand call. Not everyone is a ace with a hand call so the next best thing is a WT. But there are also sounds on an electric call that a handcaller can't produce.. Its just another tool that does a good job of bringing them in and is louder than a hand call..
If coyotes are located 90% of the time you may get by with a hand call, but if you don't locate or want to cover some ground the WT is the way to do it.. quiet a few ADC guys also use it and the ones that don't proably rely more on the plane and snares. :mrgreen:
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

I think there is a little more to it than taking a rabbit and making him squeal and recording and calling it the real thing. Every rabbit, coyote, bird, etc. etc. has a slightly different sound to them just like humans do. So i highly doubt that a coyote is going to say hey thats the real thing i am going to come now!! As far as it being louder well it might get you one or two extra dogs on the season because of it, but i know i could buy/make a shitload of snares for 800 bucks and kill more coyotes with those snares than a WT will!! If you think it is a great tool than more power to you but i just don't see it as being a necessity. Just my 2 cents on the topic.
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

after sept. it is a coyote. we aint't talk'n dogs here. The sound a milk tooth pup makes in distress is drastically different then anything you will here in the fall and winter out of the same pup. MOST of the sounds I have heard over the years that are being sold are not what they say they are. period. I have had several companies try to buy sounds from me, I am just here to tell you they are out to make a buck and would buy most anything and believe it is what ever you tell them. Slap a sticker on it and send it out the door. Most of these guys do not hunt and spend little to know time in the field. The stuff I here in real life situations rarely sounds like the tapes and digital sounds I have purchased over the years. You may hear the difference between individual coyotes but there is going to be little to no difference because one is 8 months and the other is 10 months. Now 6 weeks and 8 months there is a big difference. Does it make much difference if you are calling in any ol'coyote in the dead of winter? probably not. I would not use a coyote distress on a digital call to call in a coyote in the fur months anyways but on spring and summer work I will stick to the milk tooth pup distress and leave the digital coyote distress at home.
Coyotes Forever