Uncased Firearms??

Open Discussion Forum

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

Tim Anderson
coyotehunter

Re: Uncased Firearms??

Post by Tim Anderson »

LOL Lyonch...

Thats correct, in Mn. you can shoot off the road, you can uses radios with the proper permitt.
If i'm driveing down the road and i spot a coyote then i get ahead of him and get my gun uncased and loaded and just wait. Coyotes canbe easey to kill if you don't get them all riled-up and just blast away at them...
A few years ago a couple of guys got caught running a coyote with a snowmobile, i believe it was a brand new ski-doo...I can still remember there exact words from a conversation a few weeks prior to them donateing the ski-doo to the DNR.. ( Oh its ok they don't care if we do it and we have done it this way for years) LOL
We play by the rules here and the Co knows it so they don't bother us much, maybe a lic. and gun check once a year.. As of the last few years they have been getting more and more complaints about coyote hunters and its just a matter of time before you get caught.. You can buy alot of gas with 175.00 and you don't have to worry about looseing youre hunting privledges for 3 years...

And like Lyonch said there are others that monitor these sites and look for those who like to brag about how many laws they break...good luck and watch the hills, they like to watch with spotting scopes from afar... :mrgreen:
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

My uncles a CO in western MN. He doesn't put up with people flying down roads with an uncased rifle and shooting out the window, it doesn't matter coyote, fox, deer, pheasants. I have heard many stories were he has given fines, taken away snowmobiles, and trucks. Just a heads up! I hate the law but I don't break it, especially in MN, were everything is strict. Just be careful on how much you run your mouth on the internet, theres more than just us coyote hunters on here.
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
'Whack em' and Stack em' ND Style"
"Speak the Language"
wizbang
coyotehunter

Post by wizbang »

I'm not sure what my opinion is of needing guns cased, etc. Of course I obey the law. I think FELONY is a little heavy-handed, though.