New member here

Open Discussion Forum

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

Dan
coyotehunter

New member here

Post by Dan »

Im a new member to Coyote Hunter but not new to coyote hunting I have been hunting coyotes for over 40 years with great results. Im always looking for new areas to hunt and other coyote hunters if any of you are from Southern Ca ( Ventura County , Santa Barbara County ) and want to get together for some Coyote hunting let me know. I also have a great area to shoot ground squirells
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Re: New member here

Post by Coyotehunter »

Glad to have you on the board. We have few guys from CA who visit the site.
Coyotes Forever
Dcoy
Top Dog

Post by Dcoy »

Welcome.Good site here and sure you'll enjoy it.I for one would love to hear about your terrain,tactics,and anything else you can share about your area.Heck just talk about your weather would be welcome to us snowbirds who are buried in it with another winter storm bearing down on us.We are just sitting around up here waiting for global warming to arrive anyway. :D
shooter93
coyotehunter

Post by shooter93 »

Dan im from northeastern cali, we have a ground squirrel hunt coming up here soon.
Dan
coyotehunter

Post by Dan »

I hunt mostly on our family ranch around here ( Ventura County Ca ) My family has been in this area for over 100 years so I have lots of good contacts . Most of the terrain here is rolling hills covered in sage brush and oak trees , average cattle country so it really makes for some great coyote hunting. As for the weather this time of year it can range from day time highs in the mid 70s to the low 30s at night we get an average of 20 inches of rain a year and I have only seen it snow at the ranch 2 times in 54 years. I dont own any white cammo but the dessert sage cammo comes in handy. We normaly use mouth calls early in the morning to locate coyotes then sit and wait for them to show themselves. shots can range from 5 yards to farther than you want to shoot but we are never at a shortage of coyotes to shoot. I shoot every thing from my .204s to my 300 win mag what ever it takes to keep the coyotes from killing all the deer and wild boar. I run up to Nevada a couple times ayear to varmint hunt also hunt deer and elk out of state every year .
Dcoy
Top Dog

Post by Dcoy »

Sounds great.Your weather is only a wet dream here.Literally-we've just had 2.5 days of rain,sleet,wind.North of me they got more snow which wasn't needed.
Good hunting!
Urbanhunter
coyotehunter

Post by Urbanhunter »

Hello...!!