BOBCATS AT NIGHT

Open Discussion Forum

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

shooter93
coyotehunter

BOBCATS AT NIGHT

Post by shooter93 »

i have called in alot of cats but i was looking at night calling because of the eyes will be easy to see
lyonch
coyotehunter

Re: BOBCATS AT NIGHT

Post by lyonch »

so what do you need to know about this??? I didn't see a question in your post thats why im asking. If you are interested in hunting things at night and light are legal where your at then a good movie to purchase would be "Teachers of the Night".
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
shooter93
coyotehunter

Post by shooter93 »

thanks for the info on the movie, but can you call them from the truck or do you need to get away from it
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

Not from personal experience, but i have seen both done. I would check with your locak game laws to make sure you can shoot from a vehicle before you do. They both work and i personally feel that from a platform on a vehicle you will be able to see better and have the ability to position yourself sooner for the shot when in thick cover. I think the video will explain everything you need to know about hunting at night. I would check the online store here to see if jamie has it in there or not. If he doesn't have it there are many sporting good stores such as gander mountain and others that i have seen carry it.
Chris Lyon

lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

I'm sure they mention this in the movie "teachers of the night", but if they dont a good hint that i have heard and read a lot about night calling, is that to use filtered lights and never shine right at them. When you night call and dont use any filter it supposedly spooks the animal. So always shine above the cover and there eyes will light up below you! Be prepared because the action could be a lot faster than what you expected :D
Chris Lyon

shooter93
coyotehunter

Post by shooter93 »

i know about the lights, as a teenager i did some but never a cat come in but again there was acase of beer involved, lol, i under stand this i worry about the big kitty cats is my thing
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

Good luck with the big cats :shock:

Usually when i hear of someone trying to call in a lion they are using a large game animal distress. Jamie has a great sound of a mule deer buck in distress in the online store that im sure will work geat for the big cats. If you get out and have some success dont forget to take some pics and post them :D
Chris Lyon

shooter93
coyotehunter

Post by shooter93 »

sorry cant shoot them here in cali, and we have some big cats here in the north east side, neveda you can shoot but dont have a lic there but for coyote and jackrabbit you dont need a lic only if you are going to take them home, last year a freind lost a 2year old colt, the gov came in and got him, he was 185 lbs. real big cat, dont think cali as sun shin it is snowing like hell we have about 6 inches right now and coming down strong, should be calling but have to get married today, lol