Nursing female

Share your coyote hunting tips, techniques, and thoughts about coyote hunting.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

coyotewacker

Nursing female

Post by coyotewacker »

Some of you might remember my post from last year . My son and I whacked a nursing female very early in the morning last May. You can not believe the trouble it can cause. Posted our hunt on the Fox-Pro Forum page.It started all kinds or different opinions. Would not tell them that I could not get out as much as we would have liked ,because my wife was battling terminal cancer.She is now at peace with the Lord. So my advice to anyone is to be very careful in posting your hunts on an open forum. Sad but true.
LeviM
coyotehunter

Re: Nursing female

Post by LeviM »

Thats why you got to love this site :D

My deepest prayers to you and your family
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
'Whack em' and Stack em' ND Style"
"Speak the Language"
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

Won't get that here! in the control bussiness that is just another day at the office.

Sorry to hear about your wife.
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!
Hitman off road
coyotehunter

Post by Hitman off road »

I'm new here but would still like to offer my sincere condolances to you and your family.

Carl Paglini
Pilgrim

Post by Pilgrim »

Freedom does not equal autonomy.

Like any of you, there are many occurances I've seen in my time or even practice in my daily routine that simply don't compel me to express or describe publicly. That's why God provided us with pickup cabs and duck boats.
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

Next time you shoot a nursing female feel free to post it here and we will give you two thumbs up!!

Sorry to hear about your wife and family!! Deepest condolances to you and family!!
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
Tim Anderson
coyotehunter

Post by Tim Anderson »

Shooting wet bitchs can devide hunters into two groups. Those that do and those that don't do it for varis reasons. Its a free country and a hunter cando what he wants as long as its legal... In my own opinion i believe the only ones that should shoot wet bitchs is a ADC trappers or by a rancher if the coyote is doing damage..
I have always been a firm believer that we as hunters should leave some seed for the next season.. Makes hunting that much more enjoyable. Anyway i don't codone it but i won't bash ya if you do.. If that makes any sense..LOL :mrgreen:
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

My own person theory, I "fur" hunt, and love to see more coyotes in my areas that I trap and call in the fall and winter months. Now if I ever got a call from farmer and needed help with a few coyotes, I would instantly target the alpha female, first in the spring months. Very effective way to elimate coyotes in cetain areas, more coyotes will filter back in. I believe its all personal prefrence. ADC guys do there most work in the spring months because its effective, and a must do, to stay ahead of the coyotes. If other hunters like to hunt the spring months, thats fine, theres not enough coyote hunters that do it to make a difference or atleast the areas I hunt.
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
'Whack em' and Stack em' ND Style"
"Speak the Language"
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

Very sorry to hear about your wife. I could not even imagine the loss. keep your chin up.

I shoot coyotes all spring long and I can not seem to make a lasting dent in the population. Come next fall those areas all still have coyotes in them. I do live in Wyoming though. For what ever it is worth, you aint going to effect the local population in any meaningful way by shooting a couple of coyotes late in the spring.
Coyotes Forever
Tim Anderson
coyotehunter

Post by Tim Anderson »

Youre right coyotehunter a few won't hurt in most areas.. here we hit them pretty hard and come springtime there are only a few left ... :mrgreen:
buckbuster

Post by buckbuster »

Sorry to here about your wife,I wouldnt wish that pain on anyone . However if I could ever get any coyotes in I would probably wack em my co-worker has a problem with them but to many people educate them .Ivebeen told in Ohio when there in heat you cant call them in anyway .
Im more than willing to hunt with you at you place I just want to see one again
CrittrCallr
coyotehunter

Post by CrittrCallr »

My condolances to you and your family on your loss.

As to shooting a 'wet' bitch, have at it. :)
It's not the gun, but the man behind it.

Sheriff Russell Cottle, Ret.
USMC 1967-70; Vietnam 1968,'69.
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

Buckbuster:
Mating season or "when females are in heat" is a great time to call they come readily to coyote vocalizations if you use them right
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!
Dan
coyotehunter

Post by Dan »

First of all my condolances to you and your family . I hunt coyotes all year long here in Calif , we run a small cattle opperation and when the cows are calveing the coyotes dont let up  theyll try to kill the calves before they hit the ground. I will never pass up the oppertunity to kill a coyote wet or not I have been killing coyotes all year long now for 45 years and it hasnt slowed them down , thats the great thing about living in a state where there are many non-hunters I get to hunt there game to .
OLDTIMER

Post by OLDTIMER »

I'm pretty new to this game of coyote hunting, buy I;m real sorry to here about the loss of your wife.

Oldtimer