Dcoy
Top Dog

Re: Barska goog scope or not?

Post by Dcoy »

jaybic
coyotehunter

Post by jaybic »

Just my humble opinion but I would look elsewhere. You will end up buying 5 or 6 100.00 scopes that last you a year or spend 300.00 on a nice Nikon, Leupold, Burris or Sightron and have it a lifetime.

For inexpensive scopes, the only brand I have found that holds up is Bushnell. You can get a 3x9 Bushnell trophy for about 100.00 from Natchez shooters supply or Lock stock and barrel and I will be all you ever need on calling rifle. Again, just my opinion but I have done the 100.00 scope upgrade thing.....125.00/150.00/200.00/300.00. Waste of money. Buy quality the first time and only cry once.

Jaybic
TIKKA

Post by TIKKA »

[quote="jaybic"]Just my humble opinion but I would look elsewhere. You will end up buying 5 or 6 100.00 scopes that last you a year or spend 300.00 on a nice Nikon, Leupold, Burris or Sightron and have it a lifetime.

For inexpensive scopes, the only brand I have found that holds up is Bushnell. You can get a 3x9 Bushnell trophy for about 100.00 from Natchez shooters supply or Lock stock and barrel and I will be all you ever need on calling rifle. Again, just my opinion but I have done the 100.00 scope upgrade thing.....125.00/150.00/200.00/300.00. Waste of money. Buy quality the first time and only cry once.

Jaybic[/quote]

X2, right on Jaybic
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

your gun is only as good as your scope, and trigger! Just my opinion. I have tried the "inexpensive" scopes only to be pissed off with their ability to hold zero.
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
'Whack em' and Stack em' ND Style"
"Speak the Language"
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

YEP,YEP AND YEP :)
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
wizbang
coyotehunter

Post by wizbang »

jaybic wrote:Just my humble opinion but I would look elsewhere. You will end up buying 5 or 6 100.00 scopes that last you a year or spend 300.00 on a nice Nikon, Leupold, Burris or Sightron and have it a lifetime.
Couldn't agree more. If you have your heart set on a barska, though, try looking here http://www.sportsmansguide.com I got a 6.5-20x50 barska for my cheapie 22lr last spring for like $50. For what its on, the scope works fine. I'm not expecting it to live very long, though. It holds a zero on the 22 but I'd be skeptical about how it'd do on a bigger gun.
Hitman off road
coyotehunter

Post by Hitman off road »

Barska scopes look like a great deal, but you really do get what you pay for. They are junk.
Save your money for a scope that will last, and actualy hit something!
When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns. They'll have to pry mine from my cold dead hands.
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

LeviM wrote:your gun is only as good as your scope, and trigger! Just my opinion. I have tried the "inexpensive" scopes only to be pissed off with their ability to hold zero.
Thats what i would have said :wink:
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!