New rifle.

We want to hear your opinion or questions on the videos, guns, calls, etc.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

Tim Anderson
coyotehunter

New rifle.

Post by Tim Anderson »

Just for shits and grins I picked up a new Savage rifle this week chambered in 22-250 rem. Other than just wanting another rifle I wanted something on the lighter side to carry around when hunting with Copper and something with a detachable mag. along with not worrying about getting it all bagged up when in the brush.. Have'nt had a chance to shoot it yet but should have it ready before thur.s when the big snow hits here..

I also picked up a tacticool scope for my Magnum research 22 mag. that I use when in the thick stuff with Copper, I know its marginal for coyotes but I have Copper along to back me up if needed..

devildogg
coyotehunter

Re: New rifle.

Post by devildogg »

Hey tim how do u like the magnum research 22 mag I've always wanted one of them but just couldn't get myself to drop the coin on one. I just might one of these days
Tim Anderson
coyotehunter

Post by Tim Anderson »

I love the heck out of mine and glad i got one.. Its shoots most any ammo pretty dam good also and beats the heck out of a bolt action as far as calling/ hunting coon goes...
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

I love .22 mags. Its in the top 3 of "if I only had one gun" catagory
Tim Anderson
coyotehunter

Post by Tim Anderson »

Finally had a issue with my magnum research 22-mag. The charging handle broke off so I contacted magnum research and they said no problem and they would send a new replacement at no charge and should have it in a week. They was spot on and I had the parts in five days, talk about good fast service..

Here is the new part with a heavier spring also.. Great!

Gave the rifle a good cleaning while I had it stripped down and cleaned barrel with wipe-out patch-out liquid cleaner. I installed the new part and put rifle back together..
Here is the action back together and the old broken part at the top of pic.
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

what happened to all your photos?
Tim Anderson
coyotehunter

Post by Tim Anderson »

I move pic.s to the library in photo bucket and when I do that they disappear on certain sites due to breaking the link. I think some sites have a way to keep them locked in. If there is something you would like to see just say the word and I can repost it and it should stay.

Here is a pic. of the new Savage. Real happy with the gun but not so much with the cartridge.

Tatical scope on Magnum research. Real happy with this scope and no complaints.

Broken charging handle and a pic of replacement.

devildogg
coyotehunter

Post by devildogg »

I want one of those magnum research 22 mags bad I don't know why I just do they are cool