Fur Country Lures

Open Discussion Forum

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

DustyC

Fur Country Lures

Post by DustyC »

I just wanted to take the oppurtunity to comment on some of the new equipment I've been using this year.
One of our trappers and good friend of mine bought me a Fur Country Lures Badlands trapping bag at a convention last year. He has used his religously for 5 years and told me how good they are. After using it some this last summer and threough this fur season, I have to agree. It has plenty of room for lure, sifter, hammer, pancovers and all of your equipment. I broke a brand new jar of lure in it this winter cat trappin and it cleaned up really well just taking it to the car wash. I just bought his trail pack for cat trappin in hard to access areas. It has alot of pckets and can carry as much weight as you can. It's basic design really works and fits well. I loaded up 4 #3 bridgers, a roll of 9 wire, 12 snares and 5' tie offs plus lure and all of my tools and made about a 2 mile hike up steep rocks. It hasn't let me down. Both bags are made out of heavy duty canvas. I also started using a PVC catch pole. I never used one before and it does make it a lot nicer for dispatching bobcats. I haven't had to use it on non-targets yet but I'm sure it will be fine.
Just my 2 cents on some quality gear that I would reccomend to any one that likes good stuff. :D
"God hates a coward"
EO caller

Re: Fur Country Lures

Post by EO caller »

I use a metal catch pole. I bet the PVC is much lighter though. Got any pics of the bag and the catch pole? is the pole a homemade job?
"CHASIN A DREAM-LIVIN A NIGHTMARE"
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

Good review DustyC! The catch pole that i use (had to use it a couple times for non targets) is made out of electrical conduit. It seems light to me, but does have some chain going through it. I would like to see some pics of your catch pole and bag if you get an opportunity :D
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
DustyC

Post by DustyC »

I'll get some pics today.
"God hates a coward"
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

pics and maybe some contact info for the stuff, prices if you got them as well
Coyotes Forever
DustyC

Post by DustyC »

Heres some more info on Fur Country Lures. You can call them at 406-557-6167. The ladies name is Nicole Graham and she is very good to deal with. There address is Box 175 Hwy 200, Jordan Mt 59337.

Here are some pics and prices of the gear I own. they also deal in snare equipment, Montana traps, and lure and bait.
The first pic is of all 3. The Badlands bag on the left is smaller but packs plenty of equipment and tools. Lots of pockets. It sells for $32.95. The green bag is there Trail Pack. Its quite a bit larger and fits really well. I have packed ou frozen 25# + coyotes and bobcats with it. It sells for $49.95. The handle on th pvc catch pole has a locking mechanism that holds well. No slippage that I can find. Good economy catch pole. It sells for $28.00.

I hope this is helpful. Like I said before, I think that they are real quality, beneficial tools.
all 3.JPG
bags.JPG
handle.JPG
"God hates a coward"
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

Thanks for the pics
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
'Whack em' and Stack em' ND Style"
"Speak the Language"
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

I had one of the Badlands bags and it is nice to work with i need to buy myself another one. john shows using the big bag in his snaring video he packs out a frozen snared bobcat with it.
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!