ISO hound pups or female coonhound to breed our male to

Got a question about mans best friend? health, training, diet,...we will do our best to get you going in the right direction. Post pics of your dogs at work or play.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

rodeorulz
coyotehunter

ISO hound pups or female coonhound to breed our male to

Post by rodeorulz »

We are putting our feelers out there for hound/coonhound puppies in or near WY. Pups must come from parents that are proven hunters (preference if proven coyote hunters, but coon, cat, & bear also a plus!) but we may make exceptions for those with good bloodlines. Hound breeds of interest include bluetick, english hound ("red tick"), and walker (treeing or possibly running) or a cross of any of these. If you have pups ready now or are expecting a litter this year please let me know. If you want your pups to go to a hunting home I can guarantee that will happen with us! Pup(s) will be hunted almost exclusively on coyotes. Not looking to spend a lot, may be willing to travel for the right pup.

We are in search of a female coonhound to breed our male hound to. We would like the female to be proven on coons (or coyotes!) and be of any of these breeds or a cross of: bluetick, english hound (red tick), or treeing walker. Female need not be registered.
Details on our male hound:
10 year old 1/2 bluetick (out of Cameron bloodlines) and 1/2 english (red tick). Both his parents were lion hounds and may have hunted other game as well. We have used him almost exclusively on coyotes. He's getting up there in age so we are not certain how fertile he is, but would like to give it a try. Willing to consider involving a vet for fertility check if need be.
Willing to work out a deal with the owner of the female!!

located near Casper, WY
Tim Anderson
coyotehunter

Re: ISO hound pups or female coonhound to breed our male to

Post by Tim Anderson »

I hunt coyotes and use Running Walkers ( 3-6 of them) and may be able to help you in your search.. How do you go about hunting coyotes with your dogs and how many do you use???
rodeorulz
coyotehunter

Post by rodeorulz »

Hey Tim,

Typically my husband uses just one dog, occasionally he uses two. Right now we only have the one coyote dog though. He uses his dogs to decoy, den, and trail. He likes the combination of traits of a dog like he already has and doesn't want anything too aggressive (or too timid either for that matter). I'll be honest here we're a little uncertain of a running walker just because we don't want something that is going to run coyotes clear out of the country as he has lots of country to cover and limited roads/trails. So if it is the right running walker or a cross then we may be interested.

Thanks!
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

email sent. I have 8 week old pups. both parents working coyote dogs. they are $175 and available now. Can meet you in Casper.
Tim Anderson
coyotehunter

Post by Tim Anderson »

Thanks for the info.. No my running walkers would not work for that type of hunting as mine run to the gun or run to catch... What you need is a trap line dog or decoy dog which is out of my department as I don't have a use for such.. Easier for me to just call a coyote in and kill it..