New to this and have some questions?

All you new guys who are just getting into coyote hunting, put your posts in this area. Lots of good information that would be helpful before putting up a post asking for the "how to" manual on calling.
Pa Bowmaddness
coyotehunter

New to this and have some questions?

Post by Pa Bowmaddness »

Finally decided to get serious about hunting yotes. I have shot a few while deer and turkey hunting but never persued them exclusivly. I live in NW Pa. I have some open reed calls I am working on learning how to use. The Rifle I will be using for now is a T/C Encore .22-250. My questions is this. Could anyone point me in the right direction towards a good electronic caller for around $400? Also I might be looking at upgrading my Coyote Rifle, any suggestions in this area. And last does anyone on here do any calling in NW Pa?

Thank you in advance,

Madd
"Persue the things in life that stimulate your interest. Hold onto the ones that awaken your passion."

"Pay attention to the little things in life, because soon you will realize they are the big ones."
Dcoy
Top Dog

Re: New to this and have some questions?

Post by Dcoy »

Hi.Check the store here or at Allpredatorcalls.com for calls.For around $400 you can get a very good one.Foxpro Firestorm,WT,Minaska.Those 3 companies would be my choices.
Sounds to me like your rifle should be just fine if it shoots decently.The caliber is great and bullet choice is about as good as it gets whether reloads or factory.You might want to stick with that-at least til you know you're 'into' this.Then,there are plenty of threads here on rifle choices which likely will answer any Qs you have.
Welcome and good hunting!
Pa Bowmaddness
coyotehunter

Post by Pa Bowmaddness »

Dcoy,

Thanks for the reply. I'm sure I'll be sticking with this. I can't believe it took me this long to get going. If I can call it in to the shot that's what i'm about. You would be hard pressed to find someone who spends more time in the woods than me. With coyote populations exploding in this state I'm sure it will be enjoyable also I finally found a hunting partner that shares my passion!

As far as the callers, Does one stand out above the others? In your opinion.

Thanks

Madd
"Persue the things in life that stimulate your interest. Hold onto the ones that awaken your passion."

"Pay attention to the little things in life, because soon you will realize they are the big ones."
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

As of now, there are two callers that seem to be talked about more than the rest of them. There is the fox pro line of callers, and the WT. They each have there benefits and downfalls. There was a fairly long talk about both these callers a while back. I think it is in the product review section.
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

learn how to properly locate coyotes. you can have the best calls, guns, camo.............if you are not on coyotes you will not call them in. Sounds pretty straight forward I know but there is a lot to it.
Coyotes Forever