Fun Deer Season This Year

Post your Predator hunting photos here.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

Fallguy
coyotehunter

Fun Deer Season This Year

Post by Fallguy »

Here is a picture of my rifle buck. A pretty decent 4x4. I am happy with the deer. It was one of three bucks that came out of the same push of a grove of trees. The other two were bigger, but I didn't have decent shots at them. This one presented me with a broadside 70 yard shot. To make it even sweeter, my 6 year old son was helping walk the trees. See the missing eye? It's in a specimen jar in my son's room. He is a typical curious little boy! (he also took these photos)

Here was a pair of interlocked bucks that I stumbled across the 2nd weekend of the season. All that was left was what you see, and the spines. The rest was cleaned up by coyotes and birds. Initially I thought it was a shed, and then as I got closer discovered it was much more than that.

I got my tags for these guys tonight from the game warden. I asked him how long he thinks they may have been laying there, and he said maybe since September. I am pretty lucky to have been the first to find them! I plan on doing a European mount on these guys. One is a 5x5 and the other is a 5x6.

"Lure The Fur" Calling Team
Dcoy
Top Dog

Re: Fun Deer Season This Year

Post by Dcoy »

Saw them on another site but very cool.Nice deer you shot as well,great mass!
Fallguy
coyotehunter

Post by Fallguy »

Yeah I thought I would share those on this site too. Thanks.

Truth be told the picture makes the 4x4 look a lot bigger remember a 6 year old is taking the picture so the angle makes them look bigger.
"Lure The Fur" Calling Team
1Shooter
coyotehunter

Post by 1Shooter »

I know this is an old post, but NICE buck! My bucket list includes finding a pair of interlocked bucks like that. Thanks frickin awesome :D
Savage 12 .22-250
(As of 4/18/10)
Gopher - 2
Skunk - 2
Coon - 10
Possum - 1
Fox - 2
Coyotes - 2
Beaver - 1
Ermine - 1
Muskrat - 19