Rick Mittleider Furs

Who was the buyer, animal type, average paid?

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

Would you sell to him again

YES
83%
NO
17%

Total votes: 6

Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Rick Mittleider Furs

Post by Coyotehunter »

Rick Mittleider
4190 40th av se
Tappen, ND 58487
701-327-4436
rickmitt@bektel.com
LeviM
coyotehunter

Re: Rick Mittleider Furs

Post by LeviM »

Real fun guy to talk with, we sold some furs to him last weekend, man can he talk about coyotes. Pretty much one of the nicest fur buyers I have come across. we got a full tour of his house, and man does have fur hanging on the wall. I recommend anyone out in that area and have some furs to sell, get a hold of Ricky
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
'Whack em' and Stack em' ND Style"
"Speak the Language"
Fallguy
coyotehunter

Post by Fallguy »

Levi what did you get for prices from him?
"Lure The Fur" Calling Team
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

Fallguy wrote:Levi what did you get for prices from him?
Fallguy when you check out the video of the classic you will see levi's truck full of $7 dollar coyotes!!!!! They were all on the carcass!! I do know that if Dusty doesn't get back to me soon I might entertain the idea of taking all our coyotes and fox to him that are put up. He grades each one and is completely honest in what he is saying. He pointed out the cons and pros on each coyote as we pulled them out. I think he stuck his neck out a little bit for a $7 average but like he told us that sometimes need to pay for the shitty ones to get into the top dollar coyotes.

Let me tell you guys that sell them on the carcass if you shoot the coyote in the back (spined him) and expect to get top dollar for that coyote well good luck. You might be taking that coyote back with you and throwing it in the ditch. I remember 7 coyotes from the classic that he said this would be one of your top coyotes but that hole right says that this one wont even get skun!! Rick doesn't put any fur up he is just a middle man and buys the furs. He has been doing this for many years and knows what he is doing and man is he a coyote nut :D
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
Fallguy
coyotehunter

Post by Fallguy »

lyonch

Thanks for the info. That makes me happy to know that we still might find someone to buy our fur this year.

Tappen would be a haul for us but we could always do some hunting out there!

Isn't Rick the one that called in a mountain lion this year?

I grew up in Sykeston, ND and we had a family friend named Mark Mittleider (he's probably 45 or so). I know they had connections to Tappen so it must be a relative. All of the Mittleiders I have ever known are GREAT people!!!
Fallguy
coyotehunter

Post by Fallguy »

oh by the way Lyonch how much fun was that driving the Interstate to Tappen with that truck full of coyotes? I bet you got a few of these: :o I know if I saw a guy pass me on the highway with a haul like that I'd be jealous as all hell!!!
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

LOL levi and i even had to stop in bismarck to get gas and a few people asked us how many days it took to get all those coyotes and i told them 2 days :lol: :lol: There eyes were :shock: and then i said they were called in by 50 teams from a tournament :wink: Rick was a great guy to B.S. with. Tappen is a haul for most people and i guess you need to look at what your furs are worth versus how much you are paying in travel expenses!!! Call before you sell!! The only way i would sell there again is because i was already in the area hunting or driving through for another tournament. Oh yeah rick is the guy that called in the mountain lion this year. He said it was pretty intense. He said that a lion in the scope at 50 yards will beat any coyote that he has ever scoped as far as a rush goes :!:
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
Fallguy
coyotehunter

Post by Fallguy »

LOL yeah I bet you could have had people really going on the fact that those were shot over 2 days.

I lion in a scope at 50 yards would be quite a site!