Globe, Az fur sale

Who was the buyer, animal type, average paid?

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

I really like the movie "skinning for profit" He coves start to finish in great detail!!
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
'Whack em' and Stack em' ND Style"
"Speak the Language"
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

+1 for skinning for profit that is a great movie to watch.
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
Fallguy
coyotehunter

Post by Fallguy »

I haven't seen either video but I did go to Prairie Ghosts and coyotehunter's fur seminar last year and that is the method I used. I sat in on Rick Tschiffer's (spelling) fur seminar at the NDFHTA Winter Meet last weekend and he uses the same basic procedure I do. One thing he goes differently is when he puts his fur on the stretcher fur side in PRIOR to turning it he puts a garbage bag "liner" on the stretcher, then puts the coyote on that. Anyone know why? He didn't really explain. The only thing I could think of would be to keep the wood stretcher dry while all that fur is real wet.
"Lure The Fur" Calling Team
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

Fallguy my guess would be so that wood doesn't soak up all that mositure and then when you put the skin side in it takes all the skin in contact with the wood longer to dry due to the stretcher being wet. I"m not sure but that would be my guess.
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!
Fallguy
coyotehunter

Post by Fallguy »

That is what I thought I suppose when you are a trapper like him you have all your stretchers full. When you call like me and I only get 1 or two at a time then I just put it on one stretcher then when I flip it I put it on my other stretcher. :lol:
"Lure The Fur" Calling Team