some fur prices for 08-09

Who was the buyer, animal type, average paid?

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

Tim Anderson
coyotehunter

some fur prices for 08-09

Post by Tim Anderson »

One of my hunting partners sold some coon today, he got 15 tops for the better ones with a low of 2.00 for some kits.. The fur buyer stated he may not take any coyotes unless they are in good shape and with no big holes.. I have'nt had a chance to talk with my buyer yet..
LeviM
coyotehunter

Re: some fur prices for 08-09

Post by LeviM »

Tim Anderson wrote:One of my hunting partners sold some coon today, he got 15 tops for the better ones with a low of 2.00 for some kits.. The fur buyer stated he may not take any coyotes unless they are in good shape and with no big holes.. I have'nt had a chance to talk with my buyer yet..
Thats pretty much what I have heard from everyone and some fur buyers, tough year to sell furs
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
'Whack em' and Stack em' ND Style"
"Speak the Language"
Tim Anderson
coyotehunter

Post by Tim Anderson »

I just got off the phone with my fur buyer Johnson furs and got some prices from him..

Coyotes in the carcass- 5.00 tops

Coyotes skinned- 10.00

Coyotes stretched and dried- 15.oo tops

Coons skinned-15.00 tops

These are the prices he quoted me, they maybe lower or the same for other sellers.

If the furs look good they are worth selling or saveing for next year, but he is not takeing any damaged goods this year.. He also thinks the fur market will make a change for the good next year but will have to wait and see...
Fallguy
coyotehunter

Post by Fallguy »

Tim Anderson wrote:I just got off the phone with my fur buyer Johnson furs and got some prices from him..

Coyotes in the carcass- 5.00 tops

Coyotes skinned- 10.00

Coyotes stretched and dried- 15.oo tops

Coons skinned-15.00 tops

These are the prices he quoted me, they maybe lower or the same for other sellers.

If the furs look good they are worth selling or saveing for next year, but he is not takeing any damaged goods this year.. He also thinks the fur market will make a change for the good next year but will have to wait and see...
So that 15 dollars tops is for a TOP DOLLAR coyote? For instance one that would have sold for 40 bucks last year!?
"Lure The Fur" Calling Team
Tim Anderson
coyotehunter

Post by Tim Anderson »

That is the price for a MN. coyote. The S.D. and N.D. coyotes may bring more, just a guess 5-10.00..
If you get some good silver Dakota coyotes and don't want to sell at this years price just skin them out and bag up and put in the freezer and sell next year...
The buyer dose'nt think the prices will make a rebound this year, but next year couldbe better...
DakotaYota
coyotehunter

Post by DakotaYota »

thanks for the info...guess I willl be hangin onto all my really good ones this year....it also sounds like some of the rougher looking coyotes arent even worth the work. Dang shame.
bustincoyotes1
coyotehunter

Post by bustincoyotes1 »

my fur buyer says,
carcass coyotes $15 tops,up to $20 put up
carcass coon $15 tops,up to $20 put up