Need advice

Open Discussion Forum

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

Duckmachine
coyotehunter

Need advice

Post by Duckmachine »

I am new to coyote hunting and need some help. We are hunting in S TX. We normally hunt out of a shooting house and the coyotes run by us about 40 yds away but we can't see them thru the brush. We can't seem to get them to come out into our shooting field. We did move out into an open field where they seem to congregate right at dark and we killed one there, but for the next 2 nights they did not come there to start the evening. My questions are as follows:
1. Will coyotes keep coming back there after we kill one? If so, how long should we wait to hunt that spot again?
2. How much and what type of calls should we use to try and get them to our shooting field?
3. We killed a couple coons and left them, but the coyotes never touched them. Is that a good technique?
4. We are very limited to our places to hunt as we don't live here, just working here and I am guessing we hunted the area too much over the weekend. Is that possible to overhunt an area for coyotes? As nervous as they are I am guessing overhunting can be an issue.
5. Any other advice would be greatly appreciated.
ducksmuggler
coyotehunter

Re: Need advice

Post by ducksmuggler »

its all at your fingertips hear surf and read away for days like me.
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Re: Need advice

Post by Prairie Ghost »

going back night after night will not work. If you killed one there it is a spot to come back too but not every night.
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!