Range Finders

We want to hear your opinion or questions on the videos, guns, calls, etc.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

lyonch
coyotehunter

Re: Range Finders

Post by lyonch »

I dont care how good of a rangefinder you have, it is a royal pain in the ass to range a coyote beyond 350 yards in pure white snow. Deer, elk, or any other big game animal is one thing, but a coyote is a hell of a lot smaller and a pain in the ass to range in pure white snow. I usually find myself ranging objects next to the animal at those distances, if i can't get it to read the animal.
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
blake
coyotehunter

Post by blake »

not to mention they are rarely sitting still or on their way out.
Optimax90
coyotehunter

Post by Optimax90 »

Hey guys im not trying to start shit here, just going off of my findings.... I guess i'm brand loyol, and I also have and love lupys stuff. I reserched and read a shit load of stuff before I got a Leica, and everybody said the same thing, get a leica and don't look back. I have had no issues in snow with mine, unless it is snowing at the time... I have not compared (in the feild) any other rangefinders that are comparable, so with that said I will keep my damn mouth shut and remove my self from this subject..........
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
22-250AI
coyotehunter

Post by 22-250AI »

There is only one rangefinder.

The Leica CRF series...

Unless you find a LRF cheap.... All others are a waist of money.

If anybody has any trouble with a CRF, clean the lens, change the battery to a lithium and drink less coffee...

My $.02 take it or leave it
Krylon is my camo
leadbiscuit
coyotehunter

Post by leadbiscuit »

I've got the Leica crf 1200. It has always performed well for me on snow. The dry grass of the Standing Rock gave it some problems while p.d. hunting. Didn't work in full daylight past 550. Still, I am very pleased with it. It is stone simple and fast to use.
wallihunter

Post by wallihunter »

I just sold my LEICA 800 i was not impressed one bit that thing wouldnt read crap, maybe i had a lemon dont no, just bought the leupold rx1000 tbr and that thing is awsome.
leadbiscuit
coyotehunter

Post by leadbiscuit »

wallihunter wrote:I just sold my LEICA 800 i was not impressed one bit that thing wouldnt read crap, maybe i had a lemon dont no, just bought the leupold rx1000 tbr and that thing is awsome.
Did you try sending it in? I think my crf1200 came with a 2yr warranty. I don't know what the warranty on yours would have been.
Jeck
coyotehunter

Post by Jeck »

FYI,

If anyone is looking for a Leica 1200 crf... I just noticed Cabelas got in a limited stock on them. They have them for $599. I got mine ordered tonight.