Good Coyote Hunting Books

We want to hear your opinion or questions on the videos, guns, calls, etc.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

Fallguy
coyotehunter

Post by Fallguy »

I will get the knowledge I need out of it and when I'm done if the anti hunting aspect is still bothering me I will just burn the book! :lol:
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

You will enjoy the book, but Brad is right, the writer has an angle he is working.
Last edited by Coyotehunter on Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fallguy
coyotehunter

Post by Fallguy »

I got The Clever Coyote by Young and Jackson off of Ebay for pretty cheap. My copy was printed in the 70s and it would be very hard to know it by looking-it is in very good shape. I have not had a chance to start it yet but it looks very good and detailed.
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

I picked up another book by Stanley P Young "Wolves of North America" this book has more ways of killing Canides then I had ever imagined. I can see why they are so rare a sight these days. They used everything you can think of to exterminate them from the planet. Since moving to Minnesota I have seen 2 on the hoof and can find tracks with almost no effort at all. I would love to be able to call and/or trap them. The first big male I seen was off of highway 200 East of Mahnomen a year and a half ago. The other one was across the road on the neighbors property less than a 1/2 mile from my house last summer.
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

Sounds like after the delisting that in five years you will be able to Jamie!
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!
Fallguy
coyotehunter

Post by Fallguy »

Yeah that's pretty cool with the delisting. Brad you won't have to go to Canada to hunt wolves maybe.
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

Oh i hope to hunt wolves before the five years is up in Ontario but maybe minnesota's license would be a little cheaper :evil:
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

I recieved a free issue of Predator Xtreme Magazine and it was full of useful tips. I think I am going to subscribe to it. Any one else a subscriber to this magazine?? Any thoughts??
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
'Whack em' and Stack em' ND Style"
"Speak the Language"
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

I know some of the writers and there is some good info but It is packed full of ads. You may want to take a look at Trappers World. Great magazine. Mostly geared towards trapping but it gives you a ton on useful info on animal behavior. Very inexpensive and I read every issue from cover to cover.
Fallguy
coyotehunter

Post by Fallguy »

I am a member of the North Dakota Fur Hunters and Trappers. With your membership you get a free subscription to the Predator Caller and Trapper magazine. It's pretty good.

Like you I also pick up copies of the Predator Xtreme to read. I agree there are a lot of adds but I get something out of each copy to learn from.

The best magazine in my opinion is called "Predator Hunting". Sounds like a cheesy title but this is a great magazine. It only comes out twice a year - Fall and Winter editions. But it is just awesome and is geared towards mainly calling coyotes and fox. I have read my copies a few times over.
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

I need some good bathroom material so i think I am going to subscribe to alot of those magazines mentioned. I appreciate the info.
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
"Speak the Language"
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

I went to the library last night at my college here and i found a book titled Coyotes:Biology, Behavior,and management. It was edited by Marc Bekoff it was published in 1978. It is old but they refer to the north dakota coyote specifically at times. I am on chapter 6 and haven't even had the book 24 hours. It is packed full of information.
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

you mean pg. 6!! :oops: I know your reading capabilities!

I think I have heard of that book, where? I don't know
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
"Speak the Language"
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

I have read the book. Gets a bunch of his info from "the Clever Coyote"

Pick up the magazine "Trappers World" great info.
Coyotes Forever
Dcoy
Top Dog

Re: Good Coyote Hunting Books

Post by Dcoy »

Well I've tracked down all these books except O'Gormans 'Hoofbeats Of A Wolfer'.I'm in the buying mode if anyone has one to sell.If anyone sees one for sale,please let me know if you don't buy it.I'll gladly pay a reasonable finders fee(10%??)if I buy it.
A tough one!
Thanks and good hunting.