Finally!!

Post your Predator hunting photos here.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

Nope not at all Fallguy but i have had some bad expierences.
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

I have taken guys out who have a bunch of hunting experience but just have not hunted coyotes. I have also taken guys out who are "ROOKIES" to hunting in general. Then there are the guys who call themselves coyotehunters and when they see a coyote coming in they just loose there minds. You know the type; making noise on to the stand, slams door to truck at every stop, saying stuff like "hey there is a coyote!" on stand, shooting at a moving coyote coming in on a string(and missing), will not walk more than a couple hundred feet to a stand, plays all 15 sounds on his foxpro on everystand, will not sit still for more than 15 minutes, doesn't know how to skin a coyote, ......... those are the guys that drive me to hunt alone.
Coyotes Forever
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

LMAO :lol: :lol: :lol: Very well put Jamie!!!!!
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

you might as well get your moneys worth on the fox pro!!
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
'Whack em' and Stack em' ND Style"
"Speak the Language"
Pure Predator
coyotehunter

Saturdays results

Post by Pure Predator »

Hey guys been real hard getting on the computer lately. Sorry if I havent responded to emails promptly lately...

Took 3 guys out on Saturday Moring, we left the house at about 4:30am with 2 hours of darkness left.

Two of the hunters Ron and Tyler Edwards were new to Predator Hunting but not to hunting, they are real good freinds that I had met last year at the goose club that I guided for and to make a long story short they have turned into damn near family... along for the trip and running the street sweeper ( the shotgun) was my brother in-law Landon (aka. Gitzy)

First stand not 5 minutes in I picked up three sets of eyes barreling right for us... the leader of the pack blew right by us at 10 feet, but Gitzy was on the wrong side of the group for the shot. So I barked and stopped the 2nd and 3rd, yotes at about 60 yards. Tyler was packing the heat a brand new Savage Predator in the Ruger 204. I wispered take him and it was lights out that boy dont miss... the remaining coyotes turned and burned. No stopping them... That was Tylers first Coyote... and only the 21st bullet through the Rifle... Super impressed with the 204...

2nd, a stand dry hole...

3rd stand... ditto

4th stand... as the sun was just topping the hedge row overlooking a some CRP ground south of Chicago... I let ripp on my first series followed by a short bust of Red Fox distress on the FoxPro. 250 yards down the adjoining hedgrow, barreled out a Silky Male, well with a little teasing he came to about 40 yards and Pegged Ron trying to alert Tyler of where he was coming from, he turned spooked but very confused. I barked at about 120 and he felt safe enough to stop, and Tyler dropped him with a off hand shot as he stod broadside right through the boiler room...

5 stand drew a goose egg.

and we called it a morning from there.

Not bad for a Illinois hunt, Pictures to follow...

Daryl, my webguy is on a out of Country Waterfowl hunt, So look for those great pictures you sent me... Thanks alot...

Mike
Pure Predator
www.purepredator.com
a small pasture, a fine wood hand call, and a slight wind in my face....... Priceless...
Daryl
coyotehunter

Post by Daryl »

Great to see you back Mike I thought you may have ditched us :lol:
I would rather have a slow hit than a fast miss...
Pure Predator
coyotehunter

are you nuts....

Post by Pure Predator »

Ditch the boys at Coyoterhunter.net....

only for a bus load of prime coyotes.....lol...

I dont know if I told you... and for all that dont know... or even care for that matter... My computer crashed and it has been a toss up of were to put the fundage... A new computer or a new rifle.... Moma says the computer is going to win out... after all the Christmas Shopping is taken care of.... the woman has brains thats why I married her... So bare with me guys as I will only be able to get on a computer at the library until I win the lottery.... or the shopping gets taken care of....

If you guys need to get a hold of me for anything...
708-772-0008 cell
815-472-2932 home....

thanks
Mike
Pure Predator
www.purepredator.com
a small pasture, a fine wood hand call, and a slight wind in my face....... Priceless...
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

Well another rookie and i whent hunting this weekend for deer around the twin cities and i making a small drive to him on some private land that he had permission for and when we were ealking out i spotted a coyote in a corn field about 400 -450 yards out there and i told him to set up at the bush that i pointed too. Luckily i brought my coyote calls and i hit the rabbit squalls and it was not more than 30 seconds and he was in our lap and the rookie hammered it with his muzzleloader. He got such a kick out of it that he wanted to give it another try. The coyote was a male. I appriximated the weight at 23 to 25 lbs. the coyote had a crappy coat on him. It didn't look like mange but it looked like he was in a summer coat. After all that we went to a big park in the cities and of course we couldn't bring guns but i brought the calls and we camoed up and went calling. we made 6 stands in the whole park and well we called in four. a double and two singles. Every coyote came into the rabbit squalls with no howls and every coyote commited so hard that the farthest a coyote came in was about 40 yards before it busted us and the closest was 10 yards. Even thoguh i didn't have agun it was a rush and great practice for calling in the thick stuff.
Chris Lyon

LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

Well after 8" of new snow this weekend, I was unable or too scared to venture out and look for coyotes. Did anyone else give it a try or did we all pout in our house like I did?
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
"Speak the Language"
Fallguy
coyotehunter

Post by Fallguy »

I REALLY wanted to get out there, but I have hunted the last 4 weekends with deer and pheasant season that I think the wife would have thrown me the divorce papers. :lol:

Instead I took my 3.5 year old son on his first downhill sledding adventure. We went both saturday and sunday for a few hours. Good times were had by all! I think we will end up doing a lot of that this winter.
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

I went sunday and saw one coyote when i was driving from stand to stand here in minnesota and the minute i spotted him he spotted me and the truck and high tailed it out of there and never to be seen again. After the first three stands the wind got to be too much. I have to kill something this weekend cause my trigger finger has a real bad itch and theres only one cure for that :wink:
Chris Lyon

Pure Predator
coyotehunter

Post by Pure Predator »

Here are the pictures from last week end...

Mike
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

Mike-

The grass looks pretty green there. Did you put the lawn mower away yet?? Up here in MN we got between 8"-10" of snow.

next question are you suppose to be killing all the coyotes in Illinois?? Way to go buddy, keep up the killing
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
"Speak the Language"
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

Way to go mike!! pile em high fella :wink:
Chris Lyon

DOUBLE LUNG
coyotehunter

Post by DOUBLE LUNG »

Those are some awesome pictures. Congrats on some great yotes.
Handing out Lollipops or Dirt Naps. Looks like we are all out of Lollipops.