Why do you love hunting coyotes?

Share your coyote hunting tips, techniques, and thoughts about coyote hunting.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Re: Why do you love hunting coyotes?

Post by Prairie Ghost »

I don't cuddle i SPOON!!!!! :)
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

:lol: :lol: LMAO :lol: :lol: But you still like to talk about it afterwards :wink:
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
Coyote Inc

Post by Coyote Inc »

Back on the subject of why I hunt coyotes. I have two reasons for hunting coyotes. I will never forget, or be able to achieve the same rush that I got the first time I ever called in a coyote. A rush of adrenaline that you never forget. Having a predator hunt you, fooling the smartest of animals, and watching it all come together before you very eyes. Man has had the hunting instinct since the dawn of creation. When there is an element of danger, the senses are heightened, you are so atune with what is going on around you, a feeling like no other.
On the managment side, coyotes have no natural predator. Lions, wolves, and bears are gone from most areas. The only natural way to keep coyote numbers in check are disease or famine. If you've ever seen a coyote with mange or starving, then you will understand how gruesome of death, disease and starvation can be. Now watch that happen to hundreds of coyotes, bobcats, fox and many other critters and you understand why it is important to keep number at a sustainable balance. When large numbers of coyotes die of starvation, it is not just coyotes, it will be all the predatory animals in a given area. Starvation is caused be an over-abundance of predators in the area and not enough prey species. You seldom see this in areas that are open to hunting, where hunters can thin out the pack. Left unchecked numbers can explode in a very short time. Case in point, the white-tailed deer.
Anyone can kill a deer, it takes a man to kill a varmint -Ben Lilly
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

I'm curious in how you determined that coyotes that you found had died of starvation? I only ask this because i find it hard to believe. A coyote is so adaptable that if they start dieing of starvation especially in "large numbers" we are all in trouble.

If you have studies on this subject or pictures i would be really interested in them.
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!
Dcoy
Top Dog

Post by Dcoy »

Been gone.Where is Jessie?Jessie you out there?Whatever happened to the article?
In todays climate at most schools you probably failed the course and got rode out on a rail-hope not.
Jessie
coyotehunter

Post by Jessie »

Dcoy,
LOL, no I did not fail, actually the paper went great for class. The paper was finished for class thanks to everyone for all of your insights, comments, etc. For me, personally, the paper is unfinished. I hope to finish it up this month and then I will look into getting it posted on the site. I am currently living in the country without internet service. Hopefully our house will be finished next week and I will have access to the internet soon!