Off to a good start

Share your coyote hunting tips, techniques, and thoughts about coyote hunting.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

mohunter
coyotehunter

Off to a good start

Post by mohunter »

Well I finally got all my calls and my gun sighted in and had time to go out hunting for some coyotes. I took my boy on his 1st coyote hunt (and my 1st one in 4 years)Tuesday evening, we didnt see or hear anything but he had fun and learned alot. So I was invited out to my buddies house to hunt this evening and I grabbed my gear and headed that way. After 2 stand with no success we was making out last stand and out about 600 yards I saw a coyote and then another and another. There ended up being six and they were headed straight towards us until they hit a drainage ditch about 300 yards away. I finally saw 1 pop his head up and I took him, then I shot at another 1 running away at 370 yards,my buddy saw him drop but it just got to dark to find him.The 1 we found was a 35 lb. male. I hope I keep having success like this but it was a good start to getting back into calling after 4 years of being out of it.
Dcoy
Top Dog

Re: Off to a good start

Post by Dcoy »

Good going.Congrats!
wyojrt
coyotehunter

Post by wyojrt »

A story made even better by the fact that a young'un was along to learn the ropes..... :D
It's all about the huntin'
mohunter
coyotehunter

Post by mohunter »

I dont go out calling very often without one of my boys. The youngest has been bringing his new BB gun with him. Watch out Mr. Coyote,lol.