Best states

Share your coyote hunting tips, techniques, and thoughts about coyote hunting.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

Tbush
coyotehunter

Best states

Post by Tbush »

NEED HELP!!....Got cabin fever and been talking with a buddy about going warmer for coyotes and cats for a week Anybody got any idea's on where with good populations and public lands to camp on etc..Been doing a little state research of area's but then I thought hell just ask :roll:
a proud member of the "IF" team
rhino
coyotehunter

Re: Best states

Post by rhino »

Good question. I have been wondering the same thing.
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

Arizona, Texas, lots of numbers from what I been told by some reliable sources
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
'Whack em' and Stack em' ND Style"
"Speak the Language"
Tbush
coyotehunter

Post by Tbush »

Come on man give it up :lol: :wink:
devildogg
coyotehunter

Post by devildogg »

hey tbush go to texas i am heading there in march to kill some kitties hogs and javelina. we were hunting on a private ranch $100/day saw 7 bobkitties herd more yotes than you could possibly imagine. did some night calling with no success don't get me wrong i had ample opportunities but the ranch we were hunting on was a bow&arrow only ranch. this year we are going to make a little stop up by dallas and i will do some killn there i don't care about anything except killing a bobkitty and i will this year. but i would go to texas if I were you there is just so much game there but you will probably have to fork over some cash but it is worth it. hope this helps good luck
barebackjack
coyotehunter

Post by barebackjack »

If you want a "cheap" hunt id stay out of Texas.

We go every year (mostly for pigs/javelina, but always end up getting a few doggies, archery only). Its DEFINATLY "pay to play" down there.

Probably have good luck in most midwest states. We used to go to Nebraska and Wyoming every year. Back before predator hunting was "cool".
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

Screw the warmth tbush you need to find a way to hunt alberta!!! If you wanna head warmer and still wanna kill nodak looking coyotes i would say sandhills of nebraska and or an area, if you pm me, in wyoming where i antelope hunted this past year :wink:
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
Tbush
coyotehunter

Post by Tbush »

anyone hunted AZ, seems to have lots of land to hunt? as far as WY is concerned they won't let us guys from ND shoot or trap cats :( and really would like to get into a few. one buddy said no and another ?? ....my wife say's "go,go,go" :shock: 8)
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

might wanna check out nevada.
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

Arizona is a blast and 90% public land if your going just for a cat go to texas and get it done with. Northern California is loaded with coyotes also.

I have to agree though i wouldn't base it solely on warm weather however there is lots of coyotes under the sun down there.

Go to ontario and shoot a wolf
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

I have hunted Az a bunch, 10 trips maybe, and it is a blast. lots of coyotes, lots of public land, great diversity of terrain. Tons of grey fox around Walnut creek, go down south by Tucson and you will find lots of cats and coyotes near every sub division.
Coyotes Forever
NVCoyoteHunter

Post by NVCoyoteHunter »

bucksnbears wrote:might wanna check out nevada.
No, please stay out of Nevada! We have enough coyote tournaments and to many wannabe's come hunt here from all the surrounding states. I know you are not a wannabe, but it is getting tiresome to see how popular this sport is becoming. What drives me crazy is all the Utah hunters that come over here. They have as much hunting area as we have, but because every Tom, Dick and Harry hunt coyotes in that state, they are all coming here to make it just like it is there. The double digit dog calling days are fast a dwindling.
Tbush
coyotehunter

Post by Tbush »

:shock:
barebackjack
coyotehunter

Post by barebackjack »

NVCoyoteHunter wrote:
bucksnbears wrote:might wanna check out nevada.
No, please stay out of Nevada! We have enough coyote tournaments and to many wannabe's come hunt here from all the surrounding states. I know you are not a wannabe, but it is getting tiresome to see how popular this sport is becoming. What drives me crazy is all the Utah hunters that come over here. They have as much hunting area as we have, but because every Tom, Dick and Harry hunt coyotes in that state, they are all coming here to make it just like it is there. The double digit dog calling days are fast a dwindling.

Hahaha, get used to it. I feel your pain, but get used to it. Thank Randy dandy Anderson.
DustyC

Post by DustyC »

Is it really true that you can't shoot a coyote in wy if you're from out of state? :shock: I know we have some guys from co. get in some of the hunts. I could offer alot of coyotes and the occasional cat but the warm weather is definitely not here.
"God hates a coward"