more pic's

Post your Predator hunting photos here.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Re: more pic's

Post by bucksnbears »

these minnesota dogs sure are ugly compairedImage to out west
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

thats for sure!!!! Details man details!! How did that one meet his maker?
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

i left home at 6.30 to drive to beltrami mn . wanted to get there by daybreak. went to the same sunny field where i got busted last week by 2 dogs that snuck up behind me. i was gonna walk in to the 1/2 mile mark but only got about 300 yards from the truck when this one stepped out. i had to get the sticks down quick as it was turning to go back in to the sunny's. was about a 150 yard shot and i purpousely hit it in the rear as the front was already in the flowers.ugly female. full of cockleburrs. 12th dog so far and thev'e all been brown, short-haired, and some with mange. i sure like them ones from out mitches way :mrgreen: i'm actually planning on going out there for about 3 days after xmas, made plans after the Luke tourny , but i may as well stay home :( ai'nt gonna be none for me to kill :shock:very few minn. coyotes(at least in n.w. minn where i hunt) are good looking. tried 5 stands today all with good sign and called in 1 crow.still hav'nt seen a red fox.
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
mitchkvernum
coyotehunter

Post by mitchkvernum »

from this october. thought you guys may like these.. I occasinally hunt some pheasants.. but coyotes are the #1 priority :lol:
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

nothing wrong with a few ringnecks 8)
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
mitchkvernum
coyotehunter

Post by mitchkvernum »

stackin em' up..

I think Luke would Love this pic. :D
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

i think your right mitch!! Luke would love to see that pic! I think someone up above is guiding your bullets this year and putting you on location :!:
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

as most of you know, i like to spot and stalk the best. this year has been terrible conditions wise for that. also, next to bowhunting, fox are my next favorite thing to go after but our fox #'s have really taken a hit the past few years. :( :( up until last week i had not seen 1 fox all fall and was abit depressed about it. i was up early and listened to the forcast and it called for warm,light noth winds and sunny :D :D i figured i'd go out for a few hours :wink: as it turned out i was out till dark. the air was real heavy and noise did not travel good. tried a few sets calling but nothing came in. seen some crows about 400 yards away and turned on the crow-fight on the foxpro high volume and they did not hear it :shock: anyway, ended up seeing 16 fox and 4 coyotes. it's not unusuall to see a red laying out in a wide open field but they will also lay up high on a drift along fencelines,shelterbelts,brushpiles but yesterday, they were ALL out in the wide open. they were very easy to sneak on as they could not hear the vehicle on gravel or me on snowshoes. :D :D average shot was 150 yards. sad to say but 2 had mange. 1 real bad 1 somewhat. 1 got about cut in half and 1 has no damage. i also missed a couple easy ones :? :? . my shooting lately has not been good. :o anyway, ended up being a great day to be out. the coyote i took with my new .280 with 120 v-max. could'nt tell where i hit him :? ImageImage
1Shooter
coyotehunter

Post by 1Shooter »

Well done bucksnbears. Sure wish I was seeing more fox when I go out. I've only seen one so far this winter. Do you normally stick to high pitched sounds like bird distress sounds for fox?
Savage 12 .22-250
(As of 4/18/10)
Gopher - 2
Skunk - 2
Coon - 10
Possum - 1
Fox - 2
Coyotes - 2
Beaver - 1
Ermine - 1
Muskrat - 19
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

good work!!! Nice to hear that you finally found some fox again. I do miss sneaking those little buggers. I use to do a lot of it in eastern ND when i was young and they were everywhere.
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

Prairie Ghost wrote:good work!!! Nice to hear that you finally found some fox again. I do miss sneaking those little buggers. I use to do a lot of it in eastern ND when i was young and they were everywhere.
you still are young :wink: the everywhere part was in the early 90's. i had lots or days seeing 30-40 a day. sure do miss them days. shooter, i don't normally call fox. used to do it a bit and standard cottontail disress was what i used. never did try bird calls. fox used to respond quite well but for some reason don't much anymore. used to sneak up to 300-400- yards and call them closer. now they mostly just lift there heads and stare or running the other way :? course i'm getting larger and stick out more :oops:
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

Bucks that is one dark coyote!!!
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
'Whack em' and Stack em' ND Style"
"Speak the Language"
Dcoy
Top Dog

Post by Dcoy »

Congrats Bucs!Great to hear.You'll be having a visitor next week when you get back!God I miss fox!
Hope you got your primers and have a great trip!
4x4 camo bronco ii
coyotehunter

Post by 4x4 camo bronco ii »

great pics everyone
ducksmuggler
coyotehunter

Post by ducksmuggler »

heres a few "other" hunting pic.

layout boat view

my best fishing partner in action